5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking Structure roof clearance?? with 2" to 3.5" lift / 35" tires?

rubrduk

Reaction score
I have a '21 Crew 4x4 with standard suspension, and I'm trying to decide what size lift or level, but living in a city I encounter parking structures on an occasional basis

typically the most frequent garages are 6'4"-6'7"

- I like the ReadyLift SST 3.5, but I'm concerned about the overall height clearance,...additionally, I'm considering the Mopar 2" Lift, and the ReadyLift 2" Level with UCA's based on overall height limitations.

- I'm also intrigued by the Bilstein 6112 as well, but concerned about the UCA upper balljoint angle (i drive 70 miles daily)
- I want to run a 20x10 wheel with 35x12.5 tire, but will stick to 20x9 if necessary.

what are your overall roof height clearances with the lifts or levels.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a '21 Crew 4x4 with standard suspension, and I'm trying to decide what size lift or level, but living in a city I encounter parking structures on an occasional basis

typically the most frequent garages are 6'4"-6'7"

- I like the ReadyLift SST 3.5, but I'm concerned about the overall height clearance,...additionally, I'm considering the Mopar 2" Lift, and the ReadyLift 2" Level with UCA's based on overall height limitations.

- I'm also intrigued by the Bilstein 6112 as well, but concerned about the UCA upper balljoint angle (i drive 70 miles daily)
- I want to run a 20x10 wheel with 35x12.5 tire, but will stick to 20x9 if necessary.

what are your overall roof height clearances with the lifts or levels.
My 19 Rebel with 2" level is just shy of 7"(about 6'10" if I recall correctly) to the top of the sat antenna. I would steer clear of those parking garages even without lift.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

rubrduk

Reaction score
My 19 Rebel with 2" level is just shy of 7"(about 6'10" if I recall correctly) to the top of the sat antenna. I would steer clear of those parking garages even without lift.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
I’d like to avoid them altogether, but it’s part of living in Los Angeles

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, watch out, even if you do fit, some of those big PVC tubes they have as physical measurement at the entrance are slightly lower than advertised, I had one hit the top of my roof and roll over my sharkfin. Luckily no damage, but it wasn't fun, and that was at stock height.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I occasionally park my stock Rebel in a 6'7" garage. That's 79". I measured my truck on the lot before I finalized the purchase. 78" of was my absolute limit.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My stock Limited at standard height (air suspension), sits at 6’-6.25” to the top of the shark fin. Fortunately I can lower it for those pucker moments when I don’t know how accurate the garage clearances are.

clazer

Reaction score
My Rebel is 6’-11”. Subtract 1” for no ORG. Subtract 1” for 35 instead of 37. Then i have what amounts to a 2” level and a 1” lift. So... that setup would probably hit the fin at 6’8” ish. If you want to enter a 6’4” garage, don’t do anything. My Rebel was 79” tall at the fin from the factory. That’s 6’7” with what amounts to the ORG 1” lift and 33” rubber.

Last edited:

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't just think of it as a straight line. The geometry, and clearance, gets much tighter as you enter an incline.

If it's that important/needed, add a rack and put some PVC on top. Let that be your crush-stop. Just back out if the top-mount PVC makes contact.

clazer

Reaction score
Don't just think of it as a straight line. The geometry, and clearance, gets much tighter as you enter an incline.

If it's that important/needed, add a rack and put some PVC on top. Let that be your crush-stop. Just back out if the top-mount PVC makes contact.
Amen, c3k. I taped a piece of cardboard to my fin and drove through the garage to see if it hit before modifying. Also the RAM antenna fin is in the worst spot possible- dead center of the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread