5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking Sensors wont turn On 2020 1500 DT

20BTSHemi

Reaction score
I had the dealer calibrate mine for 34.5 inch tires and the park sensors haven't worked since. They told me they contacted RAM and opened a star case. The answer came back that they were aware of the issue, and that it was caused by a software glitch, but that since this issue is only effecting less than 200 vehicles nationwide that it would be cost prohibited to fix it and they have no plans to fix it. I explained that the $75k truck I bought was cost prohibited and that I wont be buying another.
Good to know, I have a service appointment for in the morning surely only to find out the same thing

TXECOD

Reaction score
So funny story. I was typing my latest reply to this thread at my desk at work last week when my Stellatis parts and service rep walked in. He asked why I was shaking my head and smiling. I explained that he had perfect timing and told him about my park sensors not working after my service department had calibrated the speedo over a year and that they weren’t able to undo it Since then. He laghued and asked why I didn’t call him. He sent an email, got a reply in 5 minutes, and told me to go reconfigure the truck. It’s fixed. Well, speedo is back to OEM tire size and all sensors work.

ram813ltd

Reaction score
I've been looking for an answer on this to no avail so far, out of nowhere, my parking sensor buttons stay illuminated indicating the sensors are "Off" has anyone dealt with this and if so, what's the fix/reset?

*68° F and dry conditions* No rain, no snow, ice, etc.

TIA
probably irritating to see that light always on but IMO the parking sensors are dangerous and a joke. only works when it sees space between 2 parked vehicles and the info screen can be blocked by steering wheel when telling you to stop etc. no reason why these trucks can't park themselves with all the sensors radar and self braking. especially into a parking lot full of empty spaces instead of trying to squeeze in between 2 parked vehicles

flyinverted

Reaction score
Do you have Alfa? Try lowering the size a bit and the park sensors will work again. I know there is a number you can go up to and still have the park sensors working, but it is lower than a true 35” so it reads off by 2 mph or so
Thank you so much for this info. This worked for me!

Users who are viewing this thread