5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking Sensor Issue with Slush

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
My rear park sense turned itself off today and said I needed service. I got out and walked around my truck to find this slush/ice ball hanging at a weird spot. Under further investigation I noticed it was hanging from a wiring harness. The chunk must have let go from the fender and stayed attached to the wires for the rear park sense. I took a blow dryer to it and freed up the wire which had a plug at the bottom of it and found the sensor it had come out of. I ran the blow dryer on both ends until they were dry and plugged them back together. My sensors now work and the service message went away.

Hopefully this was a one off and not something I need to worry about every time it snows.
f8895a1a12638793ee4fd9d34d78c34f.jpg
76f23b49bcb09bebefa8499c4afe5d35.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

Burnzie

Reaction score
You got some LOW hanging stuff there.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My rear park sense turned itself off today and said I needed service. I got out and walked around my truck to find this slush/ice ball hanging at a weird spot. Under further investigation I noticed it was hanging from a wiring harness. The chunk must have let go from the fender and stayed attached to the wires for the rear park sense. I took a blow dryer to it and freed up the wire which had a plug at the bottom of it and found the sensor it had come out of. I ran the blow dryer on both ends until they were dry and plugged them back together. My sensors now work and the service message went away.

Hopefully this was a one off and not something I need to worry about every time it snows.
f8895a1a12638793ee4fd9d34d78c34f.jpg
76f23b49bcb09bebefa8499c4afe5d35.jpg

You have mud flaps in there?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
The sensor will turn itself off even without being unplugged. It takes a certain amount of dirt/snow to accumulate on it and it actually stops working, for safety reasons (it cannot measure accurately) It's pretty common.
Your problem, on the other hand, isn't.
Never seen one getting unplugged like this, but I guess it was a big chunk of snow so it just ripped the wires off...

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
The sensor will turn itself off even without being unplugged. It takes a certain amount of dirt/snow to accumulate on it and it actually stops working, for safety reasons (it cannot measure accurately) It's pretty common.
Your problem, on the other hand, isn't.
Never seen one getting unplugged like this, but I guess it was a big chunk of snow so it just ripped the wires off...
Yeah, just from driving around. Thankfully the plug pulled clean out of the sensor. Once I used the hair dryer to melt all the collected ice out and dry each connection out it hooked back up and started working again.

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
You have mud flaps in there?
I don't, just the little pieces of plastic that come from the factory. The one on the front was hanging off the other day as well. It was an easy fix to get back on the clips, I think the car wash knocked it off.

Users who are viewing this thread