5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking Proximity Alarm

tacoma96

Reaction score
Parking Proximity Alarm
This weekend someone in a larger truck I assume backed into my new parked RAM 1500 and dented and scrapped to the steel my painted steel bumper above my license plate. My truck has the parking sensors both front and back along with cross path alert. It would be great if this feature would be part of the security system in our trucks and set off the horn as an alarm if someone was getting to close to our trucks when they are parked. I remember a decade or so ago some high end old alarm systems that had that proximity feature. I would think with todays modern software and tech new vehicles would have that feature by default as part of the enhanced parking package. This has happen to a lot of people I know regardless of what they drive and I have to think that feature would be a slam dunk must have that new buyers would want.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hmmm that's an interesting idea (and that sucks, sorry to hear about the moron who hit your truck)

I wonder if there is a system which could piggyback the oe sensors when the truck is off to honk the horn when proximity is detected; the only issue being, it currently activates at ~6', and would startle any passerby, honk w/animals etc... i'm sure there's something out there though

tacoma96

Reaction score
hmmm that's an interesting idea (and that sucks, sorry to hear about the moron who hit your truck)

I wonder if there is a system which could piggyback the oe sensors when the truck is off to honk the horn when proximity is detected; the only issue being, it currently activates at ~6', and would startle any passerby, honk w/animals etc... i'm sure there's something out there though
I know as you are parking the sensors both front and rear alert you with both sound and a visual alert in the center stack showing where the objects are and changing from yellow (maybe a couple of feet away) to red (It seems within a foot).

Cravenschild

Reaction score
Problem with that would be your alarm going off anytime someone walked too close to your truck which would probably get pretty annoying after a while.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good idea; but they aren't that sophisticated. I can't even back out of my driveway without mine going off and locking up the brakes; I could only imagine how poorly they would work with an alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread