5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking garage

Pressgrove

Reaction score
Don't open the driver's door to look while in Drive. I did that the first time I pulled into the garage and spent 5 minutes figuring out how to reset the auto parking brake. Every time I put it back in Drive, the it would give me an error, lock that brake back and put the thing back in Park. Still not sure how I finally reset it :confused:

Mason1217

Reaction score
Don't open the driver's door to look while in Drive. I did that the first time I pulled into the garage and spent 5 minutes figuring out how to reset the auto parking brake. Every time I put it back in Drive, the it would give me an error, lock that brake back and put the thing back in Park. Still not sure how I finally reset it :confused:
Buckle your seat belt behind your back and you can reverse with door open.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've measured multiple times now and I think I'm good...but I'm driving to a hotel that has offsite parking garage option listed at 6ft 6 inches. I have the Limited, 22 inch, with air suspension. With it lowered into Entry/Exit, my measurements say I have a couple of inches maybe? Does that sound accurate?

Cravenfan

Reaction score
I actually measured every height for my Limited with stock 20" wheels and Off-Road Group. To the top of the shark fin:

E/E 6' 5.5"
Aero 6' 8"
Normal 6' 8.5"
OR 6' 9.5"

The only nervous part is keeping the speed under 15. These are Houston area garages we're talking about. Mentally preparing myself for getting passed in a garage...

So, my home garage is 82” high, and I figured I may need to go down to exit/entry on snowy days. I have 22” tires. Gonna be close!

aametzger

Reaction score
So slightly off topic but related, but has anyone tried to put the truck in jack mode to prevent it from coming out of entry/exit? After installing the Helwig swaybar, I initially forgot to take it out of jack mode and the suspension stayed in e/e when I went for a quick test drive. I'm not sure how fast I was going, so maybe I just never went over 15mph, but I think Jack mode stops the air suspension from changing. just wondering if this might be an option to keep in in e/e while driving through a parking garage.

ktl5005

Reaction score
I'lll bump this...

Getting a 2019 Limited with ORG. Work at 3 different hospitals. One garage is 6'9", the other 2 are marked 6'5", yet when I drive through there are F-150s, Silverado 1500s, GMC 1500 parked in there and looks like there is at least 2-3 inches to spare so hoping in E/E mode the Ram 1500 will fit in there also.

ktl5005

Reaction score
I park in an underground everyday with a post height of 6’5” and don’t have any issues in EE mode
So you fit in a garage that says 6'5"? I am picking up a Limited with ORG tomorrow and 2 of the hospitals I go to, their garages say 6'5" yet i see F150s, and Silverado 1500s parked in them and it looks to have a few inches to spare under the beams...

ktl5005

Reaction score
I fit in all the garages in aero mode. The garage that is marked 6' 5" seems to be a bit higher than that but have about 3-4 inches from top of fin to beam. The other 6'%' garage at the one hospital is truely that and I will not be trying that one.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I fit in all the garages in aero mode. The garage that is marked 6' 5" seems to be a bit higher than that but have about 3-4 inches from top of fin to beam. The other 6'%' garage at the one hospital is truely that and I will not be trying that one.

I've been looking at this thread, I'm considering a level/lift of some flavor, and this is one of the "concerns" :LOL:

I have a non-air ride rebel. I did my absolute best with the tape measure yesterday, I came up with this.
My truck is a smidge under 38in at the front fender, a smidge under 40in at the rear.
The truck looks to be about 6'6" and change at the top of the fin.

I don't currently have to park in a garage, not at work or where I live - BUT, I'm going to try to keep things under 6'8" if I can.
This truck is an "everything" truck, which includes road trips and parking places.
As such I'm thinking I'm going to go with falcon shocks "level" kit, run it on medium, which should raise the front about an inch, but maintain some rake, aerodynamic profile, and shouldn't raise the fin in the rear too much more.
I'll be sticking with the stock 33in tires too.

Whatever I get I'll be doing my best to take measurements and report back here!
I'm anticipating being 39in at the front fender, 40in even at the rear, and I think the rear fin will raise up slightly, ending up at 6'7" at the fin.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put a LEER model 122 cap on my 2021 Laramie. It is 8" higher than the Cab.
I need to measure mine before I try to hit any Parking Garages. I am 6'-1"
at normal ride height (AS), I have to get on my toes just to close the Back Window.

Need to install a strap on the window and one to the tailgate to lift it when
I crash overnight in the bed while traveling.

Malodave

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put a LEER model 122 cap on my 2021 Laramie. It is 8" higher than the Cab.
I need to measure mine before I try to hit any Parking Garages. I am 6'-1"
at normal ride height (AS), I have to get on my toes just to close the Back Window.

Need to install a strap on the window and one to the tailgate to lift it when
I crash overnight in the bed while traveling.

Malodave

If your truck has the room, consider the Mopar bed step - man is it handy!
If you don't want to use the strap - you could probably use the bed step to close it, if your balance is good or you brace yourself

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online