5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking garage

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually measured every height for my Limited with stock 20" wheels and Off-Road Group. To the top of the shark fin:

E/E 6' 5.5"
Aero 6' 8"
Normal 6' 8.5"
OR 6' 9.5"

The only nervous part is keeping the speed under 15. These are Houston area garages we're talking about. Mentally preparing myself for getting passed in a garage...

GATORB8

Reaction score
Be careful, the height of the signs can vary based on the length of the installers tape measure, lol. Had a valet hit a 6'8" sign at a garage in my old truck, never had a problem in any other 6'8" garage.

Also, snowfall can impact the height of the truck. Luckily you guys don't have to worry much about that one.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Be careful, the height of the signs can vary based on the length of the installers tape measure, lol. Had a valet hit a 6'8" sign at a garage in my old truck, never had a problem in any other 6'8" garage.

Also, snowfall can impact the height of the truck. Luckily you guys don't have to worry much about that one.

Yeah... depends on 'how' they measured for sure! Actually in WI at the moment... just cold and no snow.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I actually measured every height for my Limited with stock 20" wheels and Off-Road Group. To the top of the shark fin:

E/E 6' 5.5"
Aero 6' 8"
Normal 6' 8.5"
OR 6' 9.5"

The only nervous part is keeping the speed under 15. These are Houston area garages we're talking about. Mentally preparing myself for getting passed in a garage...
I have a 6'6" high garage door and my truck fits in fine in aero. It is an incline pulling in, maybe that helps.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
e-brochure has heightas 77.4 to 77.7 depending on 4x2, 4X4 bed length etc.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

E/E 6' 5.5"
Aero 6' 8"
Normal 6' 8.5"
OR 6' 9.5"

I was just thinking...”Drive SLOWLY!”

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

E/E 6' 5.5"
Aero 6' 8"
Normal 6' 8.5"
OR 6' 9.5"

Welll shiiit
I'm getting a Rebel with the spring suspension, looks like it puts it at 6'8.5"

Well, if I can't fit in parking garages, I might as well lift it right!

B-Rebel

Reaction score
I just measured(with a tape measure and level) that from the ground to the tip of the shark fin in E/E is 6’5. The parking garage I have to park in at work has a 6’6 clearance. I just picked up my rebel Saturday and haven’t had to park in it yet. I’m going to see if I can make it under the initial clearance PVC as you enter the garage tonight. Will of course have it in E/E height and take it very slow. Will let you know how I fair.

B-Rebel

Reaction score
Made it into a parking garage with 6’6” clearance in E/E height with no problem. I’ll admit the pucker factor was real, but had about 2” to spare on low hanging structure.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've measured mine very carefully. I've got the ORG so my E/E is 6' 5.5" to the top of the shark fin. I run through numerous garages, not too fast because I don't want any bounce, and have come to intimately know the feel of the bump stops.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've measured mine very carefully. I've got the ORG so my E/E is 6' 5.5" to the top of the shark fin. I run through numerous garages, not too fast because I don't want any bounce, and have come to intimately know the feel of the bump stops.

Oh boy, that tall, bottomed out?

I'm guessing my Rebel without air suspension is then probably 6'8" flat?
If I can't fit in parking garages as is, I guess I might as well lift it!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh boy, that tall, bottomed out?

I'm guessing my Rebel without air suspension is then probably 6'8" flat?
If I can't fit in parking garages as is, I guess I might as well lift it!
I was in a garage recently that I have been in quite a few times with my truck in normal mode without incident. The garage was packed so I had to go to a level I had never been on before. The hanging height sign had the exact same numbers on it as the other floors. I drove under the sign and bam I wacked the shark fin. It was so loud I thought I ripped it off the roof. Fortunately, all it did was leave a bunch of paint transfer but no damage. It scared the crap out of me. From that point on I dont blindly trust the signs and I always lower it to EE before entering a garage. The tough part is staying under 15mph through the garage. Everyone tailgates me and flails there arms cursing me out.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was in a garage recently that I have been in quite a few times with my truck in normal mode without incident. The garage was packed so I had to go to a level I had never been on before. The hanging height sign had the exact same numbers on it as the other floors. I drove under the sign and bam I wacked the shark fin. It was so loud I thought I ripped it off the roof. Fortunately, all it did was leave a bunch of paint transfer but no damage. It scared the crap out of me. From that point on I dont blindly trust the signs and I always lower it to EE before entering a garage. The tough part is staying under 15mph through the garage. Everyone tailgates me and flails there arms cursing me out.

I've always wondered about that, if some signs were off!

Kinda scares me finding out, "yep, sometimes they're lower than the other floors."
Glad it was just paint!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've always wondered about that, if some signs were off!

Kinda scares me finding out, "yep, sometimes they're lower than the other floors."
Glad it was just paint!
Always do a visual check before heading under one of those hanging signs. Even if it's a little off it could make all the difference in the world. I always get out and check now.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yes, that 15MPH in garages is just not acceptable to Houston drivers either!

Realtyman

Reaction score
I just make it into my garage at home. (I better not lose any weight).
40f9154818ba22fd9ef56c961bb90f93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread