5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking Brake Question

Kenny4

Reaction score
The other day I had something rolling around in the back seat floor. At stop sign, with nobody behind me, I jumped out to fix that noise in the back. A couple cars were rolling up behind me so I jumped in quick and to my surprise the truck wouldn't move. Thought the trans was locked up. While under pressure of cars waiting behind me I thought of the parking brake. Kept hitting those buttons down there and low and behold it unlocked and I could move. Question---Does the Ram have a safety feature that when you get out while in park with engine on, it snaps the parking brake on? Or was this some weird thing that just happened to me? Thanks

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The other day I had something rolling around in the back seat floor. At stop sign, with nobody behind me, I jumped out to fix that noise in the back. A couple cars were rolling up behind me so I jumped in quick and to my surprise the truck wouldn't move. Thought the trans was locked up. While under pressure of cars waiting behind me I thought of the parking brake. Kept hitting those buttons down there and low and behold it unlocked and I could move. Question---Does the Ram have a safety feature that when you get out while in park with engine on, it snaps the parking brake on? Or was this some weird thing that just happened to me? Thanks

Check out post #4 in this thread, that may answer your question 👍.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can set it to automatically engage when put in park. Yours must be set. It will automatically disengage if you have foot on brake and seat belt on before you switch to drive. You just have to get used to it. I prefer it on automatic.

Kenny4

Reaction score
Thank you both for your answers. Where in the settings is the on/off option for the automatic parking brake. Thanks

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can't recall off top of my head but you'll find it in there. Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Have seat belt on before moving out of park and it will disengage automatically. I’d you take out of park before seat belt. Put seat belt on and press gas and it will auto disengage and go.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like some sort of release from liability so I can disable some of these Nanny devices.

I like the auto brake but I don't need the Nanny.

Users who are viewing this thread