5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PARK SENSE ALARM ISSUE ????

James Daniels

Reaction score
2019 Limited
Has anyone had trouble with deactivating the park sense alarm sound when in Reverse? When I press the hard buttons, the yellow lights come on and it deactivates the front collision warning but not the REAR. When in reverse and a car passes behind me I still get a deafening alarm beep. I tried to disable under Settings, doesn't work either. What is the trick? Dealer said it must be a safety feature that we can't disable. Anyone know? Please help a brother out.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does your truck have the Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection? It's probably the Cross Path system and not the Park Sense going off since you specifically said it happens when a car passes behind you.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2019 Limited
Has anyone had trouble with deactivating the park sense alarm sound when in Reverse? When I press the hard buttons, the yellow lights come on and it deactivates the front collision warning but not the REAR. When in reverse and a car passes behind me I still get a deafening alarm beep. I tried to disable under Settings, doesn't work either. What is the trick? Dealer said it must be a safety feature that we can't disable. Anyone know? Please help a brother out.

Hi @James Daniels - If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message so we can have this looked into further!

Mark
RamCares

Nukegm426

Reaction score
You should be able to turn just the rear off... if it’s not then something’s wrong. I have to turn my rear Park sense off when I hook the trailer up

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I always keep my rear park sense off. I have mirrors and a back-up camera, I got tired of hearing the sensors beeping at me every time I back into my garage. The dash switch should disable it separately from the front sensors, as Nuke said.

James Daniels

Reaction score
Does your truck have the Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection? It's probably the Cross Path system and not the Park Sense going off since you specifically said it happens when a car passes behind you.
I do have blind spot detection. Had not thought of that but will test that. I would hate to have to disable that though. Thanks for the idea.

Wsmith

Reaction score
I,m pretty sure it is your cross path detection, the park sense won't pick up until you are just a couple/three feet away from something.

Imakeaway

Reaction score
I've turned down the alert volume in the UConnect menu. I too find the alerts deafening.

Users who are viewing this thread