5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Park assist

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I have a Laramie with level 2 package and I was curious if anyone had some tips and tricks on how to get the park assist to actually work. This thing misses like every parking spot wide open. Been trying to show my truck off to my co-workers and we usually drive my truck for lunch each day. This is like the 2nd week in a row where I drive around the parking lot like an idiot and can't show them these features.

Yes, the roads have white lines and are clearly visible. Curious if you guys have a trick or two. LIke being closer to the parking space, further away on the side etc? When I go to the mall with the family, they have even more faded lines and I can typically go around 2-3x and find a spot that it will pick up. I drove around at least 7x one day and to no avail except for a false parking spot that the truck detected that actually was a decorative spot with a raised bed of rocks lol..

What do you guys think?

Ram92131

Reaction score
I only tried mine a couple of times but it worked well each time. I had to be somewhat close to the spots, and have only tried it on passenger-side spots. It only backs in AFAIK, so you need to drive completely past the open spot for it to work.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I only tried mine a couple of times but it worked well each time. I had to be somewhat close to the spots, and have only tried it on passenger-side spots. It only backs in AFAIK, so you need to drive completely past the open spot for it to work.

It usually only works for me on passenger side spots, I did try to get closer to the spot and yes I know how to make it work, it's just odd that it takes quite a few trips around the parking lot to get it to work. I have yet to try parallel parking

JPLomax

Reaction score
Mine never seems to work well at picking up spots. It works a little better if you use your signal to the side the spot is on....but only marginally better.

zx3junglist

Reaction score
I feel like it's pretty easy to manually perpendicular park with the mirrors, but its real usefulness is for parallel parking. I think it doesn't recognize lines but instead recognizes gaps between vehicles. Otherwise, why would you need the auto-park feature unless there's a lack of places to park?

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I feel like it's pretty easy to manually perpendicular park with the mirrors, but its real usefulness is for parallel parking. I think it doesn't recognize lines but instead recognizes gaps between vehicles. Otherwise, why would you need the auto-park feature unless there's a lack of places to park?

I think it might look for a space between 2 vehicles, but that's it. It doesn't find any other spots. I'll try the turn signal idea... but not sure if that's really a thing.

It just sucks to have a feature like this and it's really a gimmick. I don't like $60,000 gimmicks

Drillerr

Reaction score
I have never been able to get mine to even recognize open spots when parallel parking. I just thought it wasn't working and was going to have the dealer look at it, but it may just be that it's poorly implemented. Which is strange, because the technology is solid. Park assist worked great in my 2015 F-150.

JPLomax

Reaction score
I think it might look for a space between 2 vehicles, but that's it. It doesn't find any other spots. I'll try the turn signal idea... but not sure if that's really a thing.

It just sucks to have a feature like this and it's really a gimmick. I don't like $60,000 gimmicks

5287aa5148cbfa5403ea120498e7f140.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online