5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Park assist connections?

GTG2022

Reaction score
I am adding front and rear park assist to a 2022 BH. I am trying to pin the connections under the drivers side firewall. I believe this is one of the connectors I need to pin. I was able to seperate the two halves but how do you get the connector off of the bracket? Half of the connection sits on a plastic bracket. I can't figure out how it is connected because there is no space between the bracket and the firewall. Without removing it, it is nearly impossible to see where the connections are to go. To those that have added park assist, how did you pin the connections? Does anyone know what this connector is called so I can look it up on connectors.dctools?
1 - Copy.PNG 2 - Copy.PNG 3 - Copy.PNG 4 - Copy.PNG

Last edited:

GTG2022

Reaction score
Okay. I found that this is connector XY310. Any help on how to remove this from the plastic bracket or how to pin it if it can't be removed? xy310a - Copy.PNG

GTG2022

Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone with a 2022 Bighorn (maybe all 2022 year models?). The XY310 connector is held to the plastic bracket by slide on rails. Unfortunately for me, I though it was held on by a christmas tree and used a trim removal tool to try and pry it off. The rails broke off the connector but it is a non critical part and the XY310 connector functions/locks/unlocks normally.
I was also able to make all my pin connections with the help of an endosope and my phone camera. I needed the endosocpe because the male end that needs to be pinned has little to no slack in it to get close enough to verify numbers/pin holes. The area in general where this connector is located has little to no work room. All in all this is a PITA to pin. However the connections to the XY 400 connector under the drivers seat took less than 10 mins to pin. Special thanks to @Jimmy07 and @FM45 for their input on helping me on this issue

Edit to add how to:
from Jimmy07 "Push in on the little tab circled in green, and swing the white lever until it’s vertical. The connectors will separate from each other in the process."

1.jpeg

To pin or de-pin open the highlighted bar.

abc.PNG

I believe this connector is the same one used for the heated seats and under seat ambient lighting (under the dirver and passenger seats) with the exception of the color of the connector. Under the seat, they are yellow. So hope this helps those that are going to do those mods.

Last edited:

Quietpeen

Reaction score
Since you broke the slide rails off the back of the connector, any input on how to get it to slide off without breaking anything? I tried pushing all directions with no success. Is there something on the back of the plastic mounting plate that needs to be pressed or released? I’m assuming it was designed with the thought of never having to take it off.

Quietpeen

Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone with a 2022 Bighorn (maybe all 2022 year models?). The XY310 connector is held to the plastic bracket by slide on rails. Unfortunately for me, I though it was held on by a christmas tree and used a trim removal tool to try and pry it off. The rails broke off the connector but it is a non critical part and the XY310 connector functions/locks/unlocks normally.
I was also able to make all my pin connections with the help of an endosope and my phone camera. I needed the endosocpe because the male end that needs to be pinned has little to no slack in it to get close enough to verify numbers/pin holes. The area in general where this connector is located has little to no work room. All in all this is a PITA to pin. However the connections to the XY 400 connector under the drivers seat took less than 10 mins to pin. Special thanks to @Jimmy07 and @FM45 for their input on helping me on this issue

Edit to add how to:
from Jimmy07 "Push in on the little tab circled in green, and swing the white lever until it’s vertical. The connectors will separate from each other in the process."

View attachment 151979

To pin or de-pin open the highlighted bar.

View attachment 151981

I believe this connector is the same one used for the heated seats and under seat ambient lighting (under the dirver and passenger seats) with the exception of the color of the connector. Under the seat, they are yellow. So hope this helps those that are going to do those mods.
since your rails broke off and it's now not connected would you mind crawling under there and getting a picture of the back of the plug where the rails were and then a picture of the plastic bracket where the plug mounts?

Quietpeen

Reaction score
here is what I found out on getting the connectors off of the plastic bracket

Users who are viewing this thread