5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Park assist brain fart

Rayzram

Reaction score
So I pulled up, backed up to a car and had a parked truck to my right. The truck decided it wanted to park assist (I think is what came up on dash). It would not back up because t was saying shift from park to reverse. Thing is...my truck does not have park assist so I may be more confused then the truck, or at least just as confused.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I pulled up, backed up to a car and had a parked truck to my right. The truck decided it wanted to park assist (I think is what came up on dash). It would not back up because t was saying shift from park to reverse. Thing is...my truck does not have park assist so I may be more confused then the truck, or at least just as confused.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you try putting it into reverse? Or were you in reverse and it would not move? Very odd.

Rayzram

Reaction score
I was backing up to hook up a tow chain to a broke down car. I stopped with the broke down car behind me, and directly to the right, I was beside a parked truck. Went to back closer to hook up tow strap and it flipped out and would not back up. I was in reverse but it would not move and was saying put in park, then back into reverse to activate or something like that.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was backing up to hook up a tow chain to a broke down car. I stopped with the broke down car behind me, and directly to the right, I was beside a parked truck. Went to back closer to hook up tow strap and it flipped out and would not back up. I was in reverse but it would not move and was saying put in park, then back into reverse to activate or something like that.
That's the proximity braking out of whack... it thought you were going to hit something. There is TSB out for over sensitive park assist braking.

Rayzram

Reaction score
It actually done it again and it like to snap my neck, was not ready. I am used to just backing up to things not turning something off first and it locks the brakes HARD....I will check into the TSB. Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread