5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist question

Toperz

Reaction score
Hello all.
Recently I've added parallel and perpendicular park assist as part of swap 8.4" to 12" screen. Activated in alfaOBD it looks like works with parallel but has problems with perpendicular parking.
It shows me that found spot but I can see that spot is taken.
So is there any calibration settings or something else needs to be activated?
I've replaced module, rear wiring and added sensors.
Thank you

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No, there isn't any calibration. Are you in perpendicular mode when searching? How far are you getting from the vehicles? Are the parking spaces straight or vertical? It has real issues with vertical spaces, like a one way strip down the parking lot. And last, this backs in, so it will be finding spaces behind you. It does not pull in forward.

Toperz

Reaction score
Ok. So its not just me. Lol
And yeah I'm in perpendicular mode and tried driving close to cars and little farther but it seem if cars are not parked equally then it thinks there is spot open.
Wish it would have some adjustment for how far sensors detect.
Ohh well maybe full electric ram will have better sensors.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I find that I have to be close to the cars on my passenger side. As long as the sensors detect enough space, it should work. I don't really use it because I typically park further out to keep door dings down. I do you the parallel one. I can parallel park, but I do it maybe 3 times a year average so I am not the greatest at it. In my 34+ years of driving, I've probably parallel parked 50 or so times.

St-na

Reaction score
I start having the same issue with perpendicular parking, before it was working fine. I am using this function very rare, but anyways it nice to have for airport parking a.s.o.

Users who are viewing this thread