5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paragoptics for 25 cents

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did my own modification of the ambient lighting kit. I bought the OEM LED lights and modified them to my liking.
First, open the housing, remove the PC board, use a Dremel and cut out the space for a standard 5mm LED. I bought some in ICE BLUE.
ambient1.jpg
Then I glued in the LED with hot glue and soldered the LED to the contact posts.
ambient4.jpg ambient3.jpg
Re inserted the board into the housing and closed the cover.
ambient6.jpg ambient5.jpg
Installed into original location and connected the plug. Final outcome is great, little lighter then OEM.
ambient2.jpg
All for 25 cents each. :LOL:

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Nice! That was my original plan but my eyes are no longer good enough for such fine work.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Paragoptics have been showing out of stock for months, even before I got my truck.
I don't like how ram did white light inside, I wish the picked red or blue and matched the lights.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I tracked down all the part numbers a few years ago with the idea of buying one of each chip, modding them and then swapping them out one at a time. The boards were not available at the time and were $12 a $14 per board.

Shives

Reaction score
Think their is anyway to add this to regular BigHorns? Thanks. Have not pulled panels or dash at this point to look and see if connectors are present.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Think their is anyway to add this to regular BigHorns? Thanks. Have not pulled panels or dash at this point to look and see if connectors are present.
I have a Bighorn and did it. Have a read in here.

Users who are viewing this thread