5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paragoptics Blue (2021 Limited)

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
Got my whole kit installed last Saturday, bout a 2hr install for all LED's in the complete kit.

I assume RAM didn't have the upper glove box light tube installed correct at the factory as it was loose when taking the LED housing out and fell out of the "mount" its in. Bit of fun to try and fish that back in and make sure it was secure, but other than that, well worth the effort.
LED 2.jpg LED 1.jpg LED 5.jpg LED 4.jpg LED 3.jpg

Chief holley

Reaction score
Waitaminute…did you say 2021!? I guess that’s only an option on the Limited. I’m talking about the light tube by the glove box. It was standard For 2019 (Laramie) but some how magically disappeared in 2021. Either way, kit looks great! I had a blue one on my previous 2019 and now I have the red one for my 2021.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Got my whole kit installed last Saturday, bout a 2hr install for all LED's in the complete kit.

I assume RAM didn't have the upper glove box light tube installed correct at the factory as it was loose when taking the LED housing out and fell out of the "mount" its in. Bit of fun to try and fish that back in and make sure it was secure, but other than that, well worth the effort.
View attachment 101739 View attachment 101740 View attachment 101741 View attachment 101742 View attachment 101743
Thank you for the pics! I will be installing the blue Paragoptics kit myself in my 22 when it shows up and we validate the installation kit for it. Looks sharp!!

blankcanvas

Reaction score
I just got mine in the mail… I’ll be honest I was expecting light bulbs (feel free to laugh I won’t blame ya) I’m no good with tech n electronics so on a scale of 1-10 how badly could I frack this up!? Teehee

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I just got mine in the mail… I’ll be honest I was expecting light bulbs (feel free to laugh I won’t blame ya) I’m no good with tech n electronics so on a scale of 1-10 how badly could I frack this up!? Teehee
If you're not comfortable taking apart the interior of your truck, I'd have a dealership, a trusted mechanic (insured), or a friend that's savvy with interiors perform this. The footwell lights are fairly easy to swap, but the dash lights and especially the door lights require some "know how". Not hard at all, it just takes experience with interior disassembly to not do damage to expensive components.

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
Really wasn't bad. maybe 2hrs total for the whole job, once you get one door panel off the rest are the same. the dash was easier than the doors in my opinion

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Really wasn't bad. maybe 2hrs total for the whole job, once you get one door panel off the rest are the same. the dash was easier than the doors in my opinion
I agree, it can be a quick and easy installation overall and one I'm looking forward to. I also concur the dash will be easier than the doors. I just would advise anyone NOT comfortable and/or not having ANY experience with interior trim disassembly (especially the door panels) to leave this to someone else to perform vs. potentially breaking off tabs, mounting hardware, etc.

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
I agree, it can be a quick and easy installation overall and one I'm looking forward to. I also concur the dash will be easier than the doors. I just would advise anyone NOT comfortable and/or not having ANY experience with interior trim disassembly (especially the door panels) to leave this to someone else to perform vs. potentially breaking off tabs, mounting hardware, etc.
certainly agree

blankcanvas

Reaction score
If you're not comfortable taking apart the interior of your truck, I'd have a dealership, a trusted mechanic (insured), or a friend that's savvy with interiors perform this. The footwell lights are fairly easy to swap, but the dash lights and especially the door lights require some "know how". Not hard at all, it just takes experience with interior disassembly to not do damage to expensive components.
I’ve torn down a ton of old trucks and rebuilt them but they don’t have all the tech booby traps haha

4 screws no wires 😂

Attachments

• 32A91DD9-9723-4A91-BF3E-171FC83FBC0E.jpeg
    32A91DD9-9723-4A91-BF3E-171FC83FBC0E.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 78

blankcanvas

Reaction score
I’m good with just having fancy footwell lights Teehee what did I get myself into 😂😂

oaviking06

Reaction score
Yea it must be a Limited trim option on 21's... I have a 21 Laramie and don't have the Dash light. Paragoptics even states it on their website when ordering that 21's cost less because they don't have dash lights.

or Maybe....

Ram, just ran out of parts because of the virus and made a batch of 21's without dash lights and then started again once they got parts...
If that is the Case... They should have a dealer install these missing parts free of charge for the trucks that missed out on them...

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Yea it must be a Limited trim option on 21's... I have a 21 Laramie and don't have the Dash light. Paragoptics even states it on their website when ordering that 21's cost less because they don't have dash lights.

or Maybe....

Ram, just ran out of parts because of the virus and made a batch of 21's without dash lights and then started again once they got parts...
If that is the Case... They should have a dealer install these missing parts free of charge for the trucks that missed out on them...
That’s what I think happened with the tires cause I’m still convinced no one would have purposely put those on a truck Teehee

Nick57

Reaction score
Yea for some stupid reason they opted to remove the dash lights on the 21 Laramies... I'm still pretty salty about it actually. I had the truck made just for me and it wasn't cheap at 68k. So for them to remove part of an option with out saying anything is total f***ing bullsh*t! (Love my truck otherwise)

silverbullet

Reaction score
Waitaminute…did you say 2021!? I guess that’s only an option on the Limited. I’m talking about the light tube by the glove box. It was standard For 2019 (Laramie) but some how magically disappeared in 2021. Either way, kit looks great! I had a blue one on my previous 2019 and now I have the red one for my 2021.
Just got a 2021 limited and no light strip on the glove box, start button...sucks...my 19 laramie had it and the glovebox never did work well but i was hoping the new truck would have it and....nope...wonder if I can add them somehow??

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Just got a 2021 limited and no light strip on the glove box, start button...sucks...my 19 laramie had it and the glovebox never did work well but i was hoping the new truck would have it and....nope...wonder if I can add them somehow??
Are you sure? My 21 Limited has them

Hemidakota

Reaction score
I'm still on the waiting list. Think it was the very end of May but I can't wait to get these.

PCB

Reaction score
The lighting looks fantastic. I am glad you have the dash lights. It really completes the install. I just installed the red in my Laramie and as others stated it would be perfect with the finishing touch on the dash.

McRAM19

Reaction score

View attachment 101739 View attachment 101740 View attachment 101741 View attachment 101742 View attachment 101743
Looks sweet!! The only issue I had was the rear panel door bottom clips will not lock into the door frame itself. Clips aren't damaged and I can't find anyone that sells them so the bottom part of the door panel is loose.

spdglez78

Reaction score
I added the factory lights this weekend. My harness for left most light was tucked behind the speedo. For others doing this and have the same issue here are some pics of what I removed to get back there.
Lots of parts prying for sure.
Cluster surround 1st. Then left and right trims. 4 screws on the speedo and 4 from the steering wheel surround as well.
Hope this helps someone.
Cheers!
20211120_152002.jpg 20211120_151419.jpg 20211120_151422.jpg 20211120_151646.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
Looks sweet!! The only issue I had was the rear panel door bottom clips will not lock into the door frame itself. Clips aren't damaged and I can't find anyone that sells them so the bottom part of the door panel is loose.
like the bottom clips on the door panel wont snap back into the metal door?

Users who are viewing this thread