5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panoramic sunshade came off its puller

badvik

Reaction score
After 2,700 mi and a couple of times using the sunshade, it came off its puller on the driver's side today. The easy-looking fix is endangered by the very flimsy piece. I tried clipping it back until I realized that I'd be screwed if this 10c piece of plastic breaks. Has anyone had a similar issue or been able to put/assemble it back or should I just go to a dealer?

p.s. my nearest dealer hold my truck for three days just to find out that one of the brake calipers wasn't tightened enough from the plant and thus made noises. So I just want to avoid another visit as much as possible.

Attachments

• 2021-05-18 14-19-51.JPG
    2021-05-18 14-19-51.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 2021-05-18 14-20-17.JPG
    2021-05-18 14-20-17.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 45

badvik

Reaction score
I decided to try again and found that there is no way to click it back without disassembling the roof and the unit. It must be done on both sides at the same time. So there is no way to avoid a visit to a dealer. Also, it makes me wonder how did it come out at all.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After 2,700 mi and a couple of times using the sunshade, it came off its puller on the driver's side today. The easy-looking fix is endangered by the very flimsy piece. I tried clipping it back until I realized that I'd be screwed if this 10c piece of plastic breaks. Has anyone had a similar issue or been able to put/assemble it back or should I just go to a dealer?

p.s. my nearest dealer hold my truck for three days just to find out that one of the brake calipers wasn't tightened enough from the plant and thus made noises. So I just want to avoid another visit as much as possible.
This is the first time I’ve seen this issue on this forum (or anywhere). Here’s hoping your dealer gets it fixed up!

Users who are viewing this thread