5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panoramic sunroof question- what's normal?

jschneider910

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had my first warranty repair at 24k this week. The sunroof shade started binding up and had to be replaced. Looks like the shade lost the spring tension for some reason.

Picked her up today (after hours, Sunday) and noticed the edges of the new shade are loose- it's only fastened at the front. When its closed, it looks loose at I can move the edge of the shade and touch the sunroof above. I don't remember being able to move the edges of the shade when it was closed before.

Before I bring it back, would somebody be kind enough to check their panoramic sunroof shade in the closed position and see what the side edges do? Can you move the edge over?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had my first warranty repair at 24k this week. The sunroof shade started binding up and had to be replaced. Looks like the shade lost the spring tension for some reason.

Picked her up today (after hours, Sunday) and noticed the edges of the new shade are loose- it's only fastened at the front. When its closed, it looks loose at I can move the edge of the shade and touch the sunroof above. I don't remember being able to move the edges of the shade when it was closed before.

Before I bring it back, would somebody be kind enough to check their panoramic sunroof shade in the closed position and see what the side edges do? Can you move the edge over?
I’m not by my truck, but that definitely sounds different than mine. I remember it being stretched tautly from side to side.

Rick J

Reaction score
I just went out to my truck and checked it. The shade is very taunt. I can push pretty hard on the shade about 6 inches in from the edges and not touch the sunroof. In fact, the only place I can touch the sunroof without pushing hard is in the middle. I can't move the edge.

ponypride

Reaction score
Go back and have them check on I the lot (if they have one) as a comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread