5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panoramic Sunroof mood lighting

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
quick cheap route.

dannymcd

Reaction score
Here's some pics with the screen pulled back, the led strips reflect 2 bars of light on the glass. I took them this morning so the morning dew reflects the light. I'm really in love with how well this turned out for a beta test and I think I might pull these and replace them with an RGB set, I was worried about the wires getting in the way but after installing these I've realized there's plenty of room.

IMG_20211001_063940018.jpg IMG_20211001_063933424.jpg IMG_20211001_064006758.jpg

Nick57

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing this but def running an rgbw set. how hard was it to run the wiring through the headliner?

dannymcd

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing this but def running an rgbw set. how hard was it to run the wiring through the headliner?
The hard part is getting into the area around the mirror where you get the 12v ACC power from, it's tight and a little bit of fiddling to feed the wires thru the rest of it especially from the lights to the overhead console area is very easy and roomy, just open your sunroof and stick your head up there and you'll see what I'm talking about

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've used that in the past too on my prelude but the transformer has this annoying buzzing that I want to try to avoid. I think, as long as it fits as well as it should, it will be amazing, I've got a week to figure out which wires in the overhead are constant 12v and ground. But the custom wiring harness should be a snap to make since I didn't got with the RGB light strip.
A fellow luder bringing the bling! Nice project. I like how it turned out.

E.Hands

Reaction score
Ok Danny, you've got me wanting to do this!
Did you use the UV or is that the blue? Just strips on the left and right, not on the front & rear?
Any other hints or tips?

dannymcd

Reaction score
Ok Danny, you've got me wanting to do this!
Did you use the UV or is that the blue? Just strips on the left and right, not on the front & rear?
Any other hints or tips?
It's Blue not UV, it was a tough choice between them. I got (2) 1m strips they're the perfect length for the sides. I didn't do the front and rear, i thought it would be difficult to make it seamless and I didn't want it to look too aftermarket.

E.Hands

Reaction score
Well all the parts came today and I'm half way thru making the wiring harnesses with connectors so the install will be professional looking and solid. None of those industrial wire nuts on my truck 😂 just need some 3M tape and the install will be a breeze, I've checked the light strips with a 12v battery and they are perfectly linear, a little on the bright side but not overwhelming and the dimmer controller should allow me to dial it into perfection.

View attachment 106556
Danny,
Can you tell which part numbered kit that you purchased?
I bought a kit, but mine looks like a row of individual LEDs. I like the way yours looks like one continuous rope/string of light.

Users who are viewing this thread