5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panoramic Roof Question

mzflorida

Reaction score
22 Ram limited with panoramic roof.

The panoramic roof creaks when I ride on uneven graded roads or when making turns on uneven surfaces. The tilt feature only raises the opening about 1.5 inches. I cannot find the spec on this to see if it is normal or requires an adjustment. If anyone has any input on either it would be appreciated. I have not yet inspected it so it might be obvious when I do but still appreciate the input. Unrelated to the panoramic roof, I do have a minor leak in the rear right fixed panel glass. I have a bumper to bumper warranty so I'll take it in for that repair.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
22 Ram limited with panoramic roof.

The panoramic roof creaks when I ride on uneven graded roads or when making turns on uneven surfaces. The tilt feature only raises the opening about 1.5 inches. I cannot find the spec on this to see if it is normal or requires an adjustment. If anyone has any input on either it would be appreciated. I have not yet inspected it so it might be obvious when I do but still appreciate the input. Unrelated to the panoramic roof, I do have a minor leak in the rear right fixed panel glass. I have a bumper to bumper warranty so I'll take it in for that repair.
The tilt is normal. I've always thought mine didn't go up enough either, but that's all it does.

As for creaking, have you tried lubricating the track and treating the seals with a conditioner?

mzflorida

Reaction score
The tilt is normal. I've always thought mine didn't go up enough either, but that's all it does.

As for creaking, have you tried lubricating the track and treating the seals with a conditioner?
Thank you. I have not lubed it up yet. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for responding.

mzflorida

Reaction score

Thanks for the tip. I inspected the mechanism and it seemed to be lubed okay. I put 303 Gasket Treatment around the seal, cleaned all points of contact, and the creak is gone. I was going to schedule a warranty appointment so thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread