5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pano sunroof and 5'7" box not available?

Bluedog

Reaction score
I have been trying to build a loaded 5'7 laramie for like four months now. Almost thought I had it and then the dealership just called and said that 5'7 boxes are no longer being made with pano sunroofs due to EPA restrictions. Is this crazy? It can't be permanent. Should I hold off on building my truck for a month or do people think it will stay this way for a while? In theory I would like a 6'4 box, but I live in a city and the 5'7 seems like a smarter choice.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
You would do just fine with a 6-4”

I have had all bed lengths and you get used to each of them. Day in day out use the 5’7” box is ideal but I am not sure the EPA has anything to do with a panoramic roof and a short box.

That’s confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been trying to build a loaded 5'7 laramie for like four months now. Almost thought I had it and then the dealership just called and said that 5'7 boxes are no longer being made with pano sunroofs due to EPA restrictions. Is this crazy? It can't be permanent. Should I hold off on building my truck for a month or do people think it will stay this way for a while? In theory I would like a 6'4 box, but I live in a city and the 5'7 seems like a smarter choice.
I just order one on 2/14 and it was available?

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered a 5'7" box in a Limited on Monday. Got VON on Tuesday. VIN on Wednesday. KZ today!

- just kidding! But yes, VON and VIN yesterday are true. Go to a Lot if you really want one. Though not sure what you would not want making a Larimme your preference.

Capt Joe

Reaction score
When I wanted to order mine, I paused for a few days and went to every dealerships website within 200 miles and looked at LIMITED window stickers until I found a match for what I wanted. I found my car just outside of Baltimore MD. I live north of Philadelphia. So, if you do the due diligence and are willing to travel to buy the car, you could find yours.

Bluedog

Reaction score
I basically want a limited, but I need six seats. So I have to step down and then option it back up.

Punderwo

Reaction score
Ordered Laramie pano 5-7 end of Jan, it just arrived at rail yard today.

acat

Reaction score
I asked Ram webchat, their reply is:
We have gotten an update on the case notes form the Vehicle Order Tracking team. The Sunroof option is closed for orders with the 5.7L Hemi Engine (rest of model year). Consumers that order the Ram 1500 with the 3.6L Engine are able to order the sunroof. What that means is the sunroof options have been built out and are no longer an option for the factory orders for the rest of the model year.

anyway, my Laramie is ordered without a sunroof by no option

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If that isn't he case, how are they able to accept build orders with that set up. My order was received and VIN given to me yesterday.

Do you have a VIN?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perhaps that is just for the Laramies?? Limiteds are still being build pano and 5'7"??

acat

Reaction score
Perhaps that is just for the Laramies?? Limiteds are still being build pano and 5'7"??

Limited come with the sunroof by nature, to Laramie, it’s an option

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's right .in forgot about that. Thanks. Now I can sleep. Lol

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's really strange. Hope someone can shed some light on this for members looking to order in the near future. Some might be ordering Laramies to avoid the non-optional air ride on the Limited. :unsure:

acat

Reaction score
That's right .in forgot about that. Thanks. Now I can sleep. Lol

I was a little regret about ordered a vehicle without sunroof, came from the Binmer side....

rhill

Reaction score
Limited come with the sunroof by nature, to Laramie, it’s an option

Limiteds don't come standard with a sunroof. It is a $1495 option. I ordered my Limited with the sunroof.

ericd

Reaction score
When I wanted to order mine, I paused for a few days and went to every dealerships website within 200 miles and looked at LIMITED window stickers until I found a match for what I wanted. I found my car just outside of Baltimore MD. I live north of Philadelphia. So, if you do the due diligence and are willing to travel to buy the car, you could find yours.

Ha. I did the same thing but exact opposite. I live just outside Baltimore and went to PA to get the truck

Users who are viewing this thread