5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pano Dome Light

NHREBEL2

Reaction score
So I picked up my '19 Rebel yesterday. Awesome truck.
I was in the back seat and needed some light last night. Looked around and no dome light above the back window, only 2 LED's on either side above the doors. I push the lenses and nothing. Open the door and they come on. Also tried rotating the dimmer switch all the way up to the detent and nothing. Lights only come on for door opening or unlocking.
My build sheet says "Dome Dual LED Reading Lamp" and "Overhead LED Lamps" as well as "Premium Overhead Console". I'm thinking the dual dome lamp was for the rear and comes with the Pano Roof correct? Can this missing fixture be why my lights are not functioning properly?

Last edited:

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I picked up my '19 Rebel yesterday. Awesome truck.
I was in the back seat and needed some last night. Looked around and no dome light above the back window, only 2 LED's on either side above the doors. I push the lenses and nothing. Open the door and they come on. Also tried rotating the dimmer switch all the way up to the detent and nothing. Lights only come on for door opening or unlocking.
My build sheet says "Dome Dual LED Reading Lamp" and "Overhead LED Lamps" as well as "Premium Overhead Console". I'm thinking the dual dome lamp was for the rear and comes with the Pano Roof correct? Can this missing fixture be why my lights are not functioning properly?

If I’m following what you’re saying correctly, no. I’ve got a limited with pano roof and lighting is minimal in the rear. Only lights are the two you mentioned, they can be turned out with a button on the front overhead console. There are four lights up front in the center console; two map lights(one for each seat up front) and a general set of overhead lights that come on with the rear when door opens or like I mentioned, that button on the overhead console is pushed. Hope this answers your question.

NHREBEL2

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Its just different from my '16 Rebel so I was expecting a result that wasn't going to happen. Now I get it and like the on/off switches in the overhead especially since they also turn off the outside approach lights. I figured out the problem I had with the rear push lights, I had the door open and they had timed out. They won't push on after timing out.

Strangely that dimmer switch seems to only control a single ambient light for the center console. That light in the other Rebel stayed lit always which I didn't mind. Seems like a useless control unless I'm missing other ambient lights.

CarRamRod

Reaction score
I just got a Laramie this week and it took me a while to figure out the ambient lights. Your trim may differ, but on mine there are additional ambient lights above the glove box, at each door handle, and under the dash. It's very subtle, but if you have it set to maximum brightness you should be able to see it in the dark.

kretsebr

Reaction score
I have a longhorn and the two lights in the back seat area only requires to be pushed on with a finger. I did it by accident and locked and left the truck , but the light I pushed stayed on. I had to go back and figured out how to turn it off.

Users who are viewing this thread