5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panhard/track bar question

Gnix

Reaction score
Hi guys. After digging through some posts. I am just wondering if the panhard/track bar necessary for my build.

I have bilstein 5100 all around right now. Front set at clip 5. Rears I have changed non orp spring with orp for 1” lift.

What would you recommend in branding and is it required?

Thanks guys!

mplaramie

Reaction score
I have a 1 1/2" lift (ICON springs & shocks) in the rear. My angles were not off by much. However, I did get an adjustable trackbar from Core 4x4. Actually changed out the trackbar, rear up/low control arms and end links with all Core 4x4. Truck stays straight and planted. If you want an inexpensive trackbar that still is an upgrade and gives some adjustability, you can try Freedom Offroad.

Gnix

Reaction score
I have a 1 1/2" lift (ICON springs & shocks) in the rear. My angles were not off by much. However, I did get an adjustable trackbar from Core 4x4. Actually changed out the trackbar, rear up/low control arms and end links with all Core 4x4. Truck stays straight and planted. If you want an inexpensive trackbar that still is an upgrade and gives some adjustability, you can try Freedom Offroad.
Thanks for the tips!

Just track bar or do I need up/low control arms and end links?

Edit: after doing some research. It seems like the freedom website only carry classic Panhard. Do you happen to have a part number? Also will the core 4x4 non adjustable work for my build?

Last edited:

TittoPollito

Reaction score
With just a 1" lift the thrust angle on the rear will be low (and possible within spec) but it will be more than likely at the edge of that spec. Spohn has a decent track bar, I just put one on my buddies '23. I built the Chromo bar on my truck as I am at a 5/7 drop and wanted something different than what is available. The CORE one if anything like the rest of their products is top notch but also comes at a premium. Here is the link to the one I just put on my buddies truck.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips!

Just track bar or do I need up/low control arms and end links?

Edit: after doing some research. It seems like the freedom website only carry classic Panhard. Do you happen to have a part number? Also will the core 4x4 non adjustable work for my build?
The non-adjustable is the same length as stock. You want an adjustable bar to accommodate your lift.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi guys. After digging through some posts. I am just wondering if the panhard/track bar necessary for my build.

I have bilstein 5100 all around right now. Front set at clip 5. Rears I have changed non orp spring with orp for 1” lift.

What would you recommend in branding and is it required?

Thanks guys!
Just look up parts, and see if there is a different number for ORG. The air suspension allows for higher ride, so I doubt 1" is enough to matter. 2" ride height with air suspension is speed limited though.

mplaramie

Reaction score
You don't need to get the upper/lower control arm but I would suggest the End Links for 1" lift or adjustable. For the trackbar, I went with Core 4x4 for the quality and adjustability. This way I buy once and it will work with different suspension set ups down the road.

Gnix

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I’ll look into some end links too.

Edit: I just realized I placed the town track bars. What do you guys think about non adjustable? I don’t think I’m going to raise my truck any higher. Will this be an upgrade with some core 4x4 town end links?(About to place end links)

Only way for me to get them to Canada is via Amazon with $65 shipping. Lol

Last edited:

mplaramie

Reaction score
As @cskindt said, non adjustable won't align your axle unless you measure and get a solid trackbar that is the length needed. That's why the adjustable is usually the go to for a trackbar. With the adjustable, you can set your correct angle and have adjustment for the future.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I depends what you plan on doing with the truck. If you are lifting 1' for looks, you don't need to do anything. If you are really going to off road, and plan on maybe another lift in the future, get better parts.

Gnix

Reaction score
I lifted the rear 1” cause I tow a boat. I wanted to keep the 1” rake. And no. I won’t be lifting trucks any higher.

Read a lot of post. Not sure if it’ll be an upgrade since the core4x4s are rare in Canada. Only way is to ship from USA with expensive shipping cost and premium price on the product lol

Users who are viewing this thread