5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Painting Door Handles

wradar

Reaction score
I’m about to do the passive entry upgrade to my 2021 BTS. Since they don’t make PE handles for the flat-black textured trim on the BTS trucks, I purchased PE handles for the regular (glossy) black trim and plan to paint them with Rust-oleum textured black (7220).

Does anyone have any tips for painting trim pieces like this? Is primer recommended? TIA!

Tali24

Reaction score
I’m about to do the passive entry upgrade to my 2021 BTS. Since they don’t make PE handles for the flat-black textured trim on the BTS trucks, I purchased PE handles for the regular (glossy) black trim and plan to paint them with Rust-oleum textured black (7220).

Does anyone have any tips for painting trim pieces like this? Is primer recommended? TIA

I have the same issue, but mine in Gator. I just don’t want to rattle can brand new door handles.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can go to an automotive paint supply and they will mix an exact match of paint for your application. The one near me can also put it in a spray can, so you can DIY it without a paint gun.

You should only need to scuff the finish to remove any gloss on the existing handles and paint them. Not sure on the clear requirements, but I'm sure the paint shop can provide that also.

Users who are viewing this thread