5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Painted Upper Grille Trim - Whats your opinions?

myejeep

Reaction score
Hey Ram People,
I have a 2021 Laramie that I just bought, I initially bought a Rebel but it had some issues that I wasn't okay with so I returned the Rebel and went home with a newer Laramie with fewer miles, and way more goodies than the Rebel had.

BUT...
I like the appearance much more on the Rebel, so I went out and bought a Rebel bumper, fender flares, grille, hood trim, side pieces, etc, etc.
I'm still waiting on the under headlight valences to be painted before I start the swap everything over, but while I was going through all of my parts I thought to myself, what if I keep the painted upper grille trim?

Let me know your thoughts, I'm torn on which way to go since my truck isn't "actually" a Rebel trim so I feel like the painted upper grille trim gives it a little bit of a unique look.

Here are some photos of the original black upper grille trim, vs the painted one.
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 5.15.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 5.15.42 PM.png

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I like them both . The painted upper trim certainly would give it a unique look though .

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It probably doesn't help, but iMO they both look good. The white lends a more refined look, I think.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would do the black bumper sections white, the lower black on the doors, and the black grille surround, not the honeycomb though. Looks good already (y)

KOOPS

Reaction score
Hey Ram People,
I have a 2021 Laramie that I just bought, I initially bought a Rebel but it had some issues that I wasn't okay with so I returned the Rebel and went home with a newer Laramie with fewer miles, and way more goodies than the Rebel had.

BUT...
I like the appearance much more on the Rebel, so I went out and bought a Rebel bumper, fender flares, grille, hood trim, side pieces, etc, etc.
I'm still waiting on the under headlight valences to be painted before I start the swap everything over, but while I was going through all of my parts I thought to myself, what if I keep the painted upper grille trim?

Let me know your thoughts, I'm torn on which way to go since my truck isn't "actually" a Rebel trim so I feel like the painted upper grille trim gives it a little bit of a unique look.

Here are some photos of the original black upper grille trim, vs the painted one.
View attachment 121282 View attachment 121283
You returned your rebel? How does that work... I didn't know dealerships allowed people to return trucks they just purchased and drove off lots? Did you mean, trade-in?

Ram-esque

Reaction score
Hey Ram People,

BUT...

View attachment 121282 View attachment 121283
I painted my rebel upper grille trim the same color as my truck- billet silver metallic. It came out good u til I used a cheap cleArcoT and made the paint underneath wrinkle. But it isn’t noticBle from pics, only up close. Eventually I’ll re paint it but for now I am broke.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 145

biggggant

Reaction score
I am thinking about painting the mustache and bummer bright white to match but I might leave the upper grill trim black but that will probably be a while

CaliRebel

Reaction score
I painted my rebel upper grille trim the same color as my truck- billet silver metallic. It came out good u til I used a cheap cleArcoT and made the paint underneath wrinkle. But it isn’t noticBle from pics, only up close. Eventually I’ll re paint it but for now I am broke.
Looks pretty sharp, I like(y)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I want to do the same with my truck at some point. Not a priority.

jram4

Reaction score
They both look good, but I think the textured black better matches the grill you have. I'm looking to do something similar with my Laramie. What kind of paint did you use? :)

Chazzer5000

Reaction score
What paint did you use for the billet silver? Actual color code PSC paint or just try to match it? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread