5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Painted to Chrome door handles?

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone swapped painted for chrome door handles?

I'm assuming it would be fairly easy since the handles seem to come off easily enough. Since I am having my truck wrapped in the Stealth matte PPF, I don't think I want to wrap the door handles. Those seem to be more difficult to get wrapped right and require relief cuts. If I'm not wrapping them, I'd rather they be Chrome to match my front grille and the chrome strip on the lower portion of the side. It's almost as if they should have been chrome to begin with.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone swapped painted for chrome door handles?

I'm assuming it would be fairly easy since the handles seem to come off easily enough. Since I am having my truck wrapped in the Stealth matte PPF, I don't think I want to wrap the door handles. Those seem to be more difficult to get wrapped right and require relief cuts. If I'm not wrapping them, I'd rather they be Chrome to match my front grille and the chrome strip on the lower portion of the side. It's almost as if they should have been chrome to begin with.
Yes, others have. It's very simple: buy chrome door handles, remove old ones, install new ones. Info here on swapping them:

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm... that doesn't look simple to me. I might just try the Trim Illusion chrome snap-on covers first... lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/