5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Painted my hood vents and hood trim

rnoggle

Reaction score
I painted the hood vents and the trim piece between the grille and the hood body color.
I left the texture on the hood vents, but removed it from the trim piece.

Hoping to do the large hood bezel next, but it will have to wait until spring.

thumbnail_20200116_114548.jpg

thumbnail_20200116_114559.jpg

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
Glad you posted this. I was just thinking about this the other day as there is nothing worse than faded plastic.

Any difficulty in removing them? Or did you just mask off?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

rnoggle

Reaction score
you'll need to remove the hood line to get to the vent tabs. Then release the tabs one at a time while prying the vent away from the hoo with a plastice trim tool.

The trim pieces come off the truck as one assembly. remove the radiator cover (a few plastic push pins) to expose the pins and bolts. remove the plastic push pins and 4 or 6 (cant remember now) bolts and the piece will slide out.
You can probably tape it off at that point or completely disassemble it. If you decide to break it down into deperat parts, be careful and take your time. there are a LOT of clips and you don't want to break any.

I used spray can touch up paint from automotivetouchup.com along with their adhesion promoter. I also used a can of 2K clear on top.

NTX_Ian

Reaction score
Very cool. I’ve been considering doing this myself and yours look really good. Add it to the list I guess lol

Users who are viewing this thread