5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Painted door sill protection ideas

Shadow902

Reaction score
New 2019 ram 1500 sport Crew cab owner here. Looking for options to protect the painted door sill area. I've seen posts on getting PPF which is great but any links I've seen are no longer working. Anyone have a link for black that has RAM in clear so it shows through? Most of the precut stuff I've seen only covers the top portion but I think it should follow down further what have you guys,gals done for that?

Damion

Reaction score
I put PPF on my truck myself. Just bought the film and cut it how I wanted then applied. Mine runs from the rubber door gasket down and around to probably an inch under the rocker panel. No scuffed up door panels here.

Damion

Reaction score
I have a buddy who installs it. He gave me a bunch.

Any place that does window tint, vehicle graphics, and some detailing places carry it. Some auto parts stores also have small rolls of it.

saturn298

Reaction score
New 2019 ram 1500 sport Crew cab owner here. Looking for options to protect the painted door sill area. I've seen posts on getting PPF which is great but any links I've seen are no longer working. Anyone have a link for black that has RAM in clear so it shows through? Most of the precut stuff I've seen only covers the top portion but I think it should follow down further what have you guys,gals done for that?
I bought these off ebay.. only a month or so with them but seem to be holding up alright for a DIY job

Shadow902

Reaction score

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with this. I like the texture, looks factory and really blends in on my black truck and interior. If I had any other color, I would have gone clear.

Users who are viewing this thread