5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paint Protection Film

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had Hellcat I had done front end and just a small part up the hood....it has saved quite a bit in 11k and one nice one that healed on the hood just up above the head light! The new 23 truck I had done as an option and the guy who done my cat looked the truck when he tinted the windows and was impress with mopar film and cost. But I don't think the truck has any on the actual hood.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had Hellcat I had done front end and just a small part up the hood....it has saved quite a bit in 11k and one nice one that healed on the hood just up above the head light! The new 23 truck I had done as an option and the guy who done my cat looked the truck when he tinted the windows and was impress with mopar film and cost. But I don't think the truck has any on the actual hood.
The hood is so high on these trucks you are likely to not have a problem with it.
People claim the Mopar ppf only goes on the hood and half way up if even.
The problem is if you have a painted bumper it will not last a single month without getting chips all over it chrome is not as bad.
Mopar ppf doesn't go on the bumper from the factory.

Getting aftermarket ppf vs the factory option are 2 completely different things.

Can you share pics of your factory ppf on your 23 ram?

Jray22

Reaction score
My Truck was a “lot find” so no Mopar PPF ended up going with a Xpel dealer as the front bumper is painted.
Truck was PPF’d at the two week mark and still had to touch up the bumper. The paint these manufacturers use these days is absolute trash.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After 10 months and 20,000 miles my black bumper is shot. Gotta be at least 50 small chips in it already. I honestly think that rock salt spread on the roads this winter did most of the damage. The paint job is horrible. No way it should chip that easy. Probably gonna take it in and request a repaint under warranty. It’s an obvious factory defect. Gonna have to PPF when done to limit future damage.

Any kits available to do it yourself? I’m only concerned with the bumper. Everything else looks perfect.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Idk of any steel painted bumpers that hold up without some type of protection I hate to state the obvious. I know someones is going to say how their previous (insert other vehicle) was never this bad but it is what it is… factory defect… probably not.

Xpel sells precut kits for those that wanna try installing yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
for partial PPF keep in mind that there will be color difference between filmed area and nonfilmed area years down the line.
That's something to think about if you're going to keep the truck long term.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've seen both factory and aftermarket PPF installations, and the quality can vary. Some factory jobs are excellent, while others have visible edges and seams. It's crucial to choose a reputable installer for aftermarket Paint protection film. If done well, it can look just as good, if not better, than factory PPF.
This is true but in general factory PPF are very limited on what they cover and finding the info of what parts they cover can be hard to come by.

Users who are viewing this thread