5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paint Protection Film

Tranzella

Reaction score
Anybody buy/order their trucks with the Mopar factory paint protection film? I’m trying to figure out exactly what/how much of the truck is protected and if it’s worth it before I order one.
Thanks!

Cajun_

Reaction score
So here is the deal. The Mopar ppf isn't as good as aftermarket ppf. Old tech. Doesn't self heal as well and doesn't have all the fancy ceramic mumbojumbo. That being said I think it's like $700 and to cover the same area with xpel is like $2000. I am also not sure if it covers the bumper.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had my Rebel done after market. Hood(12") wraps over fenders, chipmunk cheeks(under headlights), A pillar, Roof(8") and door sills. Didn't do bumper as its powder coated and PPF won't stick to it right. Installed for cash $485. Brand Suntek.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had my Rebel done after market. Hood(12") wraps over fenders, chipmunk cheeks(under headlights), A pillar, Roof(8") and door sills. Didn't do bumper as its powder coated and PPF won't stick to it right. Installed for cash $485. Brand Suntek.
****i wish i got those prices … they try to charge me 7k in nyc

Cajun_

Reaction score
im going to call them chipmunk cheeks from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread