5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paint protectant/undercoating for frequently washed vehicle?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Truck has too much chrome (wish it had painted bumpers), whether its bird crap, dirt and mud from job sites, or general debris I feel the best thing to do is hope for a ceramic coat yearly and wash it twice a week like mentioned above.

Hmmm, that makes sense. Can you avoid contact washing, instead going for touchless spray washes to remove the salt and stuff to get you by until you can do a hand wash?

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Hmmm, that makes sense. Can you avoid contact washing, instead going for touchless spray washes to remove the salt and stuff to get you by until you can do a hand wash?
I worry the touch free washes utilize more acidic detergents making it a trade off of either carpet dragging or higher acidity. Bigger issue is the only touch free washes are an extra 20 minutes (ten mins out and ten back) of the way and the wash i currently utilize is on the drive home every day.
Also i believe the touch free washes have a 72" or 74" height limit. Cannot win until kids old enough to wash it.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I worry the touch free washes utilize more acidic detergents making it a trade off of either carpet dragging or higher acidity. Bigger issue is the only touch free washes are an extra 20 minutes (ten mins out and ten back) of the way and the wash i currently utilize is on the drive home every day.
Also i believe the touch free washes have a 72" or 74" height limit. Cannot win until kids old enough to wash it.

Lol, same here, my oldest is 10.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gonna be a mild winter and hopefully that means more hand washes.

My electric pressure washer can work off a bucket. I wonder how many 5 gal pails of water it will take to blast off the dirt and use the foam cannon. I'd be happy to go touchless for the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread