5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paint popping off roof

victory rider

Reaction score
Bought my new 22 Ram 1500 big horn 8 months ago put about 4k miles on it , washing it and noticed about a dozen bubbles in the paint. Took it to the dealer and they want to keep it 2 weeks while waiting for a slot to open in the body shop .Not gonna give me a loaner either. Not only am I pissed about a new truck having aftermarket paint on it but now I need another vehicle while they hold mine . Buyers remorse .

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As mentioned, there is no reason to keep the truck while you wait. Tell them you want to schedule the appointment and will bring the truck when they are ready.

Totally sucks man that you need to go through this with a brand new truck.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I need to fill holes in my front bumper around once a month.

I can't drive for 2 weeks without getting several chips in the paint. The paint quality of these trucks is very questionable at best.

As far as bubbles in the paint, it much had a chip somewhere and water got underneith and possibly created rust already. I wonder if it was re-painted pre-delivery or acceptance.

gofishn

Reaction score
Bought my new 22 Ram 1500 big horn 8 months ago put about 4k miles on it , washing it and noticed about a dozen bubbles in the paint. Took it to the dealer and they want to keep it 2 weeks while waiting for a slot to open in the body shop .Not gonna give me a loaner either. Not only am I pissed about a new truck having aftermarket paint on it but now I need another vehicle while they hold mine . Buyers remorse .
Dammit.

Some guys have all the Darn Luck!

You KNOW, for a fact, you can go to chrysler warranty direct or call Granger Motors in Granger Iowa and get a factory service contrac,t for $50 over cost and have a large chunk of that costs re-couped, just in teh rental allowance alone.
The rest of teh service contract will be muchless expensive and, bst part of all, you will never, EVER< give two hoots about how long a repair takes, ever again.
I bought my contract on teh hoppe that if I ever needed it.....

gofishn

Reaction score
may to read up on your states lemon laws.
Spopecifically, how long your cars got to bein the shop

victory rider

Reaction score
Just got the truck back the repaint is **** , hard to see in the pics unless you zoom in ( tape lines tiny bubbles dirt in paint ) they wouldnt let me schedual it , had to leave it 2 weeksGot pics? I wouldn't leave it, just schedule it in and bring it back. Then get a rental car.

Attachments

• IMG_6992.jpg
    IMG_6992.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6991.jpg
    IMG_6991.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6994.jpg
    IMG_6994.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 101

victory rider

Reaction score
Dammit.

You KNOW, for a fact, you can go to chrysler warranty direct or call Granger Motors in Granger Iowa and get a factory service contrac,t for $50 over cost and have a large chunk of that costs re-couped, just in teh rental allowance alone.
The rest of teh service contract will be muchless expensive and, bst part of all, you will never, EVER< give two hoots about how long a repair takes, ever again.
If they ever get the paint right Im selling it .

victory rider

Reaction score
I need to fill holes in my front bumper around once a month.

I can't drive for 2 weeks without getting several chips in the paint. The paint quality of these trucks is very questionable at best.

As far as bubbles in the paint, it much had a chip somewhere and water got underneith and possibly created rust already. I wonder if it was re-painted pre-delivery or acceptance.
No chips in paint on top of the roof , there were probably 20 bubbles around 3/8 inch dia I popped a few of them , no rust underneath.

victory rider

Reaction score
As mentioned, there is no reason to keep the truck while you wait. Tell them you want to schedule the appointment and will bring the truck when they are ready.

Totally sucks man that you need to go through this with a brand new truck.
Tried but they couldnt do it because its not their body shop , they dont have one, they sub out paint and body to a shop behind the stealership

victory rider

Reaction score
What area are you in? Is this the only stealership? I would try another and see the response. Not making an appointment is just lame.
Im in Blue ridge Ga. I called the Jasper Ga. and Dalton Ga. dealerships and they dont have their own body shops either so they cant make appointments for paint and body work.

BowDown

Reaction score
Dammit.

Paint is not covered under a service contract

BowDown

Reaction score
Im in Blue ridge Ga. I called the Jasper Ga. and Dalton Ga. dealerships and they dont have their own body shops either so they cant make appointments for paint and body work.

If that's your only option, go back till they get it right. From your pics, all that can be wet sanded out or polished away

Users who are viewing this thread