5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paint issues on exterior door handles

Bcryan

Reaction score
I tried to search and see if anyone had this issue but did not find it. The paint is coming off all 4 exterior door handles from the inside. My dealership has told me that it is not covered by warranty because they are chips. I must have phenomenal aim the have rocks etc hit all 4 door handles in the same place.. chips happen I get that..front has quite a few but this is crazy 9BFDE7FF-005B-4190-852C-3194FE03C632.jpeg ABF049D4-C0E0-4A2D-B239-50A5FF10C3FA.jpeg

bpd

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 2020 white Laramie. Door handles are doing the same thing and I’m also seeing similar chips where the fender flairs meet the quarter panels.

Dealer took pictures in April and said they they’d get back to me. Told me the same story - rock chips. I had the same thoughts. Hell of a coincidence that all my noticeable “chips” are in the seams like that. Never heard from them. First time I’ve thought about it since then. Great customer service, right?!

I wasn’t going to make a big stink about it unless they got much worse. It’s quicker and easier for me to fix them myself than it is to deal with the dealership anyway.

Sucks that RAM can’t get something as simple as paint right on a truck so expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread