5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pain in the butt safety stuff

Seems a few of you need to put each other on ignore.

Certainly would reduce the bickering in the threads others must tolerate from you.

Don't think of it as the drivers "losing" skills, because obviously they can't lose what they never had, but not ever developing the skills is a loss for society. The number of people tht post here freaking out when their back up camera doesn't work shows that
Can’t argue that point…lol.

Ha! The kids at work don't know how I back into my parking spot between the column and the wall using my mirrors. I don't use the camera for much. It does make it quick and easy to see how far away from the wall I am. I can tell by the brake light pattern when I am in my old Lincoln. That really blows thier minds.

All said though, it sure makes lining up the trailer hitch easy!
lol, that’s about all I use the camara for is hooking up to the boat hitch or seeing how close I am to garage wall. I grew up backing farm wagons I learned early on to use my outside mirrors for backing. My wife tells me, I don’t know how you do that without looking back through the window. Lol

Last edited:
I'd just like to be able to put it in reverse with the door open for when I'm hitching and setting up our tracks trailer...

I'm not sure it would. Ill have to look into that.
Every time I left the door open and put in reverse, it would go right back into park....
I'm not sure why you're questioning it. I wouldn't have said it solves the issue if it didn't work for me.

I'm not sure it would. Ill have to look into that.
Every time I left the door open and put in reverse, it would go right back into park....
It will. That's why I mentioned it early on in this thread as well.

The secret is to leave the extender plugged in all the time. The truck stays happy since it looks like the belt is always buckled and you can put the belt on or take it off at will.

its better than those automatic seatbelts from the 90s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back