5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paddle Shifter on Ram 1500 limited 2021

Ka1

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Is there any way to add paddle shifter to my Ram 1500 DT limited? Mine has gear selector only. I have looked at the form and found only one thread but seems like no one is interested as far as I know.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if you are going to do it, there is a trx steering wheel on ebay (orginial) with the paddle included, its 500$

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204_231020_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221204_231020_Samsung Internet.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Ka1

Ka1

Reaction score
sorry its not ebay but kijiji, it in canada , but the good new its 500$ cad so that about 360$ us

Thank you for reply.
Are there any changes need to be made? I mean as far as I know the paddles wont work unless you change parameters through alfa obd.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for reply.
Are there any changes need to be made? I mean as far as I know the paddles wont work unless you change parameters through alfa obd.
the steering is direct bolt-on , you just have to transfert a few parts from your steering to the new one, but to activate the paddle.shifters that i have no clue, i do remember reading about it in a thread in this forum about how to do it, you could do a search about that.

Reactions: Ka1

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Fair warning: The TRX steering wheels and non-TRX steering wheels are not exactly the same. I've read a couple of reports of people not being able to fit a non-TRX wheel on to their TRX's. Something about the angle of the back side, where it fits flush with the steering column.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fair warning: The TRX steering wheels and non-TRX steering wheels are not exactly the same. I've read a couple of reports of people not being able to fit a non-TRX wheel on to their TRX's. Something about the angle of the back side, where it fits flush with the steering column.
good to know

Ka1

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I will ask the dealership hopefully they have both models in stock to check them next to each other

JoeRam

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I will ask the dealership hopefully they have both models in stock to check them next to each other
I want to thank you for this mornings chuckle... " hopefully they have both models in stock" Dealerships have very little in stock except for everyday wear items these days, let alone Steering wheels. most will charge you a restocking fee if you order and return. The way they get you is you will need to pay up front for the orders

Ka1

Reaction score
I want to thank you for this mornings chuckle... " hopefully they have both models in stock" Dealerships have very little in stock except for everyday wear items these days, let alone Steering wheels. most will charge you a restocking fee if you order and return. The way they get you is you will need to pay up front for the orders
😅😅 I’ll share their reply here

Ka1

Reaction score
Went there couple minutes ago, they didn’t even know which part number is it 🤦🏻‍♂️ They said we will email you if its compatible as bolts and stuff, as for paddle shifters they had no idea on how to make it work on my Ram “few of the staff are my friends so for mods sometimes I ask them”

Users who are viewing this thread