5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P204F code

GrizEagle

Reaction score
I'm worried my truck is having the same issue. No codes were thrown, but I got the message "500 miles before no restart". I filled the tank and have driven it multiple times (probably 80 miles total) since the fill up and the gauge still shows 1/8 of a tank of DEF and the "miles to restart" on each start up is steadily declining. Anyone else go through this issue? Should I wait to see if it resolves or just sack up and make an appointment with the dealership?

NWRogue

Reaction score
My truck definitely had the code. Only once though, but I got both the "Service DEF" message and then later that switched to the "200 miles before no restart" message. I did not have an issue with the gauge showing incorrectly. My tank was 3/4 full when I got the code.

You should not wait to see if it goes away, believe the message, once that miles counter hits zero you will not be able to start your truck. According to the dealership that fixed my truck, It does not go into "limp home" mode. My understanding is that only a dealership can clear this message. Hopefully, you do not have the problem that I had and need a replacement board.

Users who are viewing this thread