5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P2002 DTC

Brian35

Reaction score
2022 Ecodiesel, 33k miles. i got the P2002 DTC.. i understand that this is a soft code that may clear itself.. so do i need to get out on the hiway and hope for regen? the truck has been used for mainly short trips lately, so i suspect i'm at that magic 80%? I have never seen any messages on the dash about servicing dpf system or regen in progress or anything like that.. in y'alls experience, will a nice long hi speed trip on the hiway help clear this? thanks for any info..

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Never had this issue with my truck, but I have had issues with diesel machinery and other vehicles. The best thing to help clear its throat would be bringing it out on the highway and getting the engine nice and warm and letting it breathe for a while. The truck will automatically run a regen if it knows it needs it. at speed it won't be very noticeable, factory tune doesn't show a regen message on my truck. However if you come to a stop you'll notice the idle RPMs will stay around 800-850 rather than the normal 650. If you have access to a decent piece of scanning equipment or ALFA OBD you could initiate a parked regen. Just make sure the truck is outdoors and there's nothing flammable near the exhaust.

Hopefully that helps your issue, otherwise perhaps you have a faulty pressure sensor before or after your DPF/SCR. Keep us posted, and best of luck!

Brian35

Reaction score
Never had this issue with my truck, but I have had issues with diesel machinery and other vehicles. The best thing to help clear its throat would be bringing it out on the highway and getting the engine nice and warm and letting it breathe for a while. The truck will automatically run a regen if it knows it needs it. at speed it won't be very noticeable, factory tune doesn't show a regen message on my truck. However if you come to a stop you'll notice the idle RPMs will stay around 800-850 rather than the normal 650. If you have access to a decent piece of scanning equipment or ALFA OBD you could initiate a parked regen. Just make sure the truck is outdoors and there's nothing flammable near the exhaust.

Hopefully that helps your issue, otherwise perhaps you have a faulty pressure sensor before or after your DPF/SCR. Keep us posted, and best of luck!
I cleared the code and went for a 45 minute 75mph freeway drive.. code hasn't come back yet.. hoping that did the trick... thanks for the reply..

Users who are viewing this thread