5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P0674 Glow Plug Error

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Evening everybody, just rolled 65k miles last week on the Ecodiesel. Truck started a little bit slow this afternoon and the glow plug indicator illuminated followed by a check engine light. Code read P0674, glow plug cylinder 4 circuit open. Anyone ever have this issue before? I imagine it’s just a fried glow plug.

Gonna take a look at the wiring tomorrow and potentially call the dealer on Monday. I’ll keep you guys posted. Wish me luck.

Reactions: c3k

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
So, dealer plugged in and said it’s a bad glow plug, easy peezy. Scheduled the repair for a few weeks out, in the meantime just driving the truck like normal and using the block heater for the cold nights.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, dealer plugged in and said it’s a bad glow plug, easy peezy. Scheduled the repair for a few weeks out, in the meantime just driving the truck like normal and using the block heater for the cold nights.
If all they did was plug it in and say that, then they don't know.... it could easily be unplugged, loose connection, high resistance in the wire, glow plug and so on.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
If all they did was plug it in and say that, then they don't know.... it could easily be unplugged, loose connection, high resistance in the wire, glow plug and
They tested the plug, I assume with a multimeter. They said #4 glow plug is fried. Wiring all checked out and it wasn’t unplugged. Sorry, my wording made it seem like they did nothing besides hit the OBD port, but either way kinda surprised the plug kicked the bucket at only 65k miles.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They tested the plug, I assume with a multimeter. They said #4 glow plug is fried. Wiring all checked out and it wasn’t unplugged. Sorry, my wording made it seem like they did nothing besides hit the OBD port, but either way kinda surprised the plug kicked the bucket at only 65k miles.
It happens, usually easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread