5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P0304 cylinder 4 misfire.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Just wondering if a cylinder 4 misfire is covered under power train warranty? I just got the code today and won’t be able to see the dealership till Thursday and I still have to drive th truck I wonder if it’ll be fine. No rough idle or nothing

GyRoCoN

Reaction score
I believe if the CEL is illuminated solid and not flashing, you should be ok to drive it. As for the power train warranty, I believe it should be covered, however maybe someone more knowledgeable would be able to weigh in.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Powertrain warranty covers the engine, so yes.
You can enter your Vin on Ram's/Mopar's website and get the exact warranty verbage online.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not necessarily, a misfire could be a bad spark plug, coil pack or fuel injector which I don't believe would be covered under powertrain. If it's lifter or valve spring that is inside the engine that would be covered. At least that's how it was explained to me. Bumper to bumper would cover all the parts.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not necessarily, a misfire could be a bad spark plug, coil pack or fuel injector which I don't believe would be covered under powertrain. If it's lifter or valve spring that is inside the engine that would be covered. At least that's how it was explained to me. Bumper to bumper would cover all the parts.

Coil pack and fuel injector should be part of powertrain. Spark plugs are considered maintenance items, so not covered

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Coil pack and fuel injector should be part of powertrain. Spark plugs are considered maintenance items, so not covered
Sparkplug could be debatable. I believe Ram uses iridium plugs which should be 100k miles, so if they went at say 40k miles that's a defect, and likely covered.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sparkplug could be debatable. I believe Ram uses iridium plugs which should be 100k miles, so if they went at say 40k miles that's a defect, and likely covered.
I imagine it would need to be a mechanical failure of the spark plug, as in, the insulator fell out and destroyed cylinder. I mean, they may just replace them and not charge customer anything, simply because it's an easy job

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
I appreciate all the replies I’m hoping it’s under power train warranty, I have 41k on the dash for a 2020 etorque.. but I woke up this morning to move it from the street, and the CEL was still on but when I parked it I popped the hood. Pushed these clips in and the lights turned off. I’ll keep and eye on it next start up but for now it’s off. I’m not a mechanic so idk what they are lol

Attachments

• IMG_2513.jpeg
    IMG_2513.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2514.jpeg
    IMG_2514.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 15

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perhaps it's at dealers discretion but I want through this recently and dealer pointed me to manual.

Parts Covered The Powertrain Limited Warranty covers these parts and components of your vehicle’s powertrain supplied by FCA US: Gasoline Engine: Cylinder block and all internal parts; cylinder head assemblies; timing case, timing chain, timing belt, gears and sprockets; vibration damper; oil pump; water pump and housing; intake and exhaust manifolds; flywheel with starter ring gear; core plugs; valve covers; oil pan; turbocharger housing and internal parts; turbocharger wastegate actuator; supercharger; serpentine belt tensioner; seals and gaskets for listed components only.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are ignition coil packs and a lose connector could have been the source of your problem. I've also seen misfire codes thrown due to moisture in the fuel system that can be cured with a bottle of fuel additive.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Perhaps it's at dealers discretion but I want through this recently and dealer pointed me to manual.

Parts Covered The Powertrain Limited Warranty covers these parts and components of your vehicle’s powertrain supplied by FCA US: Gasoline Engine: Cylinder block and all internal parts; cylinder head assemblies; timing case, timing chain, timing belt, gears and sprockets; vibration damper; oil pump; water pump and housing; intake and exhaust manifolds; flywheel with starter ring gear; core plugs; valve covers; oil pan; turbocharger housing and internal parts; turbocharger wastegate actuator; supercharger; serpentine belt tensioner; seals and gaskets for listed components only.

Your warranty is available online. It's not in the regular manual, there is one just for the power train itself

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The text of the written warranty it pretty general doesn't really specify parts that are covered. It essentially says if the part caused a warrantable defect the part will be replaced under warranty.

I would say spark plugs would be covered if they determine they are the cause of the fault code and the fault code is a warrantable defect. The warranty does not cover repairs that result from poor or improper maintenance but the spark plugs require no maintenance until the 100,000 mile change.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your warranty is available online. It's not in the regular manual, there is one just for the power train itself
Yes manual is also available online, above came from warranty manual that comes with regular manual and other booklets you get with truck.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The text of the written warranty it pretty general doesn't really specify parts that are covered. It essentially says if the part caused a warrantable defect the part will be replaced under warranty.

I would say spark plugs would be covered if they determine they are the cause of the fault code and the fault code is a warrantable defect. The warranty does not cover repairs that result from poor or improper maintenance but the spark plugs require no maintenance until the 100,000 mile change.
No idea what you linked there. These trucks don't come with a 100k mile powertrain warranty.
The warranty covers repairing items if it was caused by a covered component, sparkplugs don't go bad on their own at low millage\age if that's even the problem, so if something was messed up and it needs spark plugs, they would cover it.

Yes manual is also available online, above came from warranty manual that comes with regular manual and other booklets you get with truck.

This is the warranty for 2022 gas 1500s (attached)

It says scheduled maintenance is not covered and details spark plugs, expcet if the spark plug failed it is NOT scheduled maintenance as the schedule did not come anywhere close yet.
1706041397773.png

Theses are the pages for the powertrain and what it covers at face value.
1706041726233.png
1706041730075.png

Spark plugs are covered for 2 years 24k miles under the federal emissions warranty.
1706041904650.png

Attachments

• P140350_22_DT_G_GW_EN_US_DIGITAL.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I never said they did and what I wrote was clear and factual.
Yes you clearly did.
Do you not even read what you ever type or link?

The text of the written warranty https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/warranty/parts/Mopar_Powertrain_Limited_Warranty.pdf it pretty general doesn't really specify parts that are covered. It essentially says if the part caused a warrantable defect the part will be replaced under warranty.

1706043307666.png

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes you clearly did.
Do you not even read what you ever type or link?

For gods sake, learn to read and perhaps take a reading comprehension class.

I NEVER said there was a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and that is a fact.

I said, "The warranty does not cover repairs that result from poor or improper maintenance but the spark plugs require no maintenance until the 100,000 mile change." In other words, since the spark plugs do not require maintenance for 100,000 miles the manufacture can't say a malfunctioning spark plug was due to poor or improper maintenance.

Edited to add: Now I see the source of your confusion. The warranty I posted is in fact a 100,000 limited powertrain warranty, but it is limited to the long block/short block and cylinder heads. On your Mopar page there is a lengthy list of the parts and accessory limited warranties applicable to your vehicle.

1706047331178.png

Last edited:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spark plugs are covered 3/36 not by the powertrain warranty. Attached a copy of a 55k mile labor op check, not covered. Run same vin at 35k miles, covered by 3/36.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240124_095328_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240124_095328_Chrome.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread