5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overheating Issue Help Please

Jcof88

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a 2015 Ram Big Horn 3.6L, I am having overheating issues with the truck, figured it was just time to replace the thermostat but still having problems after replacing it, some days it doesn't overheat and some days it does, when it overheats, I lose heat and it blows out cold air. if I keep the engine revs past 2k it cools down and back to normal blowing out hot air but after several mins it will start to overheat again and blows cold air. when it does run normal and don't overheat the temperature gauge sits at 1/4 and don't go past that, before it's always been in the middle of hot and cold. it's fine on the freeway doing 65+ mph its mostly on city and back roads where I am not going fast. it's very odd and I was hoping someone had a similar problem and figured it out. I would really appreciate any help or ideas on this. it's now winter and cold lol. Thanks.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you hear the cooling fan running? I am not familiar with 4th gen trucks but I assume that the fan is electronic. It may be a simple fuse/relay it should kick on around 200-210,a quick trip around the block should tell 😉

Jcof88

Reaction score
Can you hear the cooling fan running? I am not familiar with 4th gen trucks but I assume that the fan is electronic. It may be a simple fuse/relay it should kick on around 200-210,a quick trip around the block should tell 😉
Yes, I can hear the fan running, at times the fan is very loud lol. I was told there might be air in the lines so i am going to check that, Thanks for the response :)

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can hear mine, but, not sure if I would say it is loud, might still have a problem.?!?good luck

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lack of cabin heating makes me think air in the lines. Especially the way the engine temperature is all over.

Has any coolant work been done on it recently?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could be your water pump going out

Reactions: c3k

Users who are viewing this thread