5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overhead Console ambient light help

Darkjest3r

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been searching these forums for information about the ambient light in the Overhead Console. I already ordered replacement Footwell lights from Paragoptics and I want to replace the little light that is between the map lights in overhead console with a red LED light. I cant seem to find the name of this light or anyone talking about replacing it. Has anybody done this? Can anybody point me in the right direction?
I have a 2021 Ram Rebel Crew Cab in case that matters.

1626730932057.png

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can not be replaced. It is a chip soldered to a PCB board in the console. If you want to color it, get your wife's/girlfriend's nail polish and put a dap of color on it.

Mb7640

Reaction score
If you can take it out you can buy pcb lights in different colors and but it back in. You can even make your own board. It's not that hard. I did it with overhead lights in a challenger that I owned

Users who are viewing this thread