5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overall suspension comparison to the 4th gen

Reaction score
New Ram owner here who recently switched over from GM. I couldn't deal with the new tailgate or front end on the GMC and the overall look not to mention and most importantly the room in the back were an easily sell for me to switch over. I know GM very well but like mention new to the RAM world. I had my previous truck (15 Sierra CrewCab) all over the place. Went with a 7" on 37's till my steering gave out, leveling kit on 35's, 5/7 drop on 26/28's and finally reaching a happy medium with a 4/6 drop on 26's. With that said and obviously searching through the site I've come to the conclusion a lift kit for the 5th gen is not an issue. My question is lowering, I've come across only one kit to lower the truck which was from a brand I've never heard of and am a bit iffy on it. I did notice however that from the install it seemed as if they were using components for the previous model. Basically my question/concern is if the current model and previous (other than the air ride suspension) do they have the same setup for the most part. Are parts interchangeable, will a kit from a 17-18 work? Any help overall would be helpful. Thanks in advance
2019 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 2x4 5.7

IHC SUSPENSION currently has the kit, which I've never heard of. Here's a video for reference

Last edited:

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
this quesetion is something, i feel, the manufacture of the lowering kit would be the best at answering.

Reaction score
this quesetion is something, i feel, the manufacture of the lowering kit would be the best at answering.

I reached out to them and they didn't want to answer. I'm imagining it's because that is the case. I just would like to get some more input before going off a hunch.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Theres one guy in here (could be a chick, idk) who lowered his. I think lowered laramie search may find him. He might have the best insight for going downward than any of us, in regards to this 5 gen.

And man, it does look sweet. Looks like it was meant to sit low, weirdly.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I reached out to them and they didn't want to answer. I'm imagining it's because that is the case. I just would like to get some more input before going off a hunch.
Totally understand wanting input. May help to disclose the manufacturer or product name. The other takeaway you may have hit the nail on the head as to the parts they are using.
Good luck with your quest, sir.

There was a fairly recent post as to someone who did lower their DT.

Reaction score
Theres one guy in here (could be a chick, idk) who lowered his. I think lowered laramie search may find him. He might have the best insight for going downward than any of us, in regards to this 5 gen.

And man, it does look sweet. Looks like it was meant to sit low, weirdly.
Thanks man really appreciate the help! I work at American Force and the whole lifted truck is the norm here so wanted to continue to venture onto something different than the norm for us here. I had seen the one at SEMA that was bagged which is what made me also want to go with lowering it. Definitely agree that it does look like it's meant to be lowered.

Reaction score
Totally understand wanting input. May help to disclose the manufacturer or product name. The other takeaway you may have hit the nail on the head as to the parts they are using.
Good luck with your quest, sir.

There was a fairly recent post as to someone who did lower their DT.
Thanks for the feedback. I added the info to the OP. That's the same thing I was thinking when I started to pry a bit and every time I start to look at my suspension.

Reaction score
Just checking to see if anyone might know now that the 5th Gen has been out a bit longer and people are getting more familiar with the truck overall.

Gtbrown

Reaction score
I googled "2019 ram lowered" and came up with quite a few images and posts. Seems like that could help with your quest.

LoRAM

Reaction score
New Ram owner here who recently switched over from GM. I couldn't deal with the new tailgate or front end on the GMC and the overall look not to mention and most importantly the room in the back were an easily sell for me to switch over. I know GM very well but like mention new to the RAM world. I had my previous truck (15 Sierra CrewCab) all over the place. Went with a 7" on 37's till my steering gave out, leveling kit on 35's, 5/7 drop on 26/28's and finally reaching a happy medium with a 4/6 drop on 26's. With that said and obviously searching through the site I've come to the conclusion a lift kit for the 5th gen is not an issue. My question is lowering, I've come across only one kit to lower the truck which was from a brand I've never heard of and am a bit iffy on it. I did notice however that from the install it seemed as if they were using components for the previous model. Basically my question/concern is if the current model and previous (other than the air ride suspension) do they have the same setup for the most part. Are parts interchangeable, will a kit from a 17-18 work? Any help overall would be helpful. Thanks in advance
2019 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 2x4 5.7

IHC SUSPENSION currently has the kit, which I've never heard of. Here's a video for reference
IHC is top notch stuff, if you tried to contact via email - try Facebook Messenger, Ivan is very responsive and helpful. They have authorized installers throughout the US. The 3/5 is a direct bolt on, the 4/6 requires some minor cutting in the rear. My 3/5 IHC drop pictured below...

Attachments

• 3C188A81-4824-44EC-ADC2-901C642AA04D.jpeg
    3C188A81-4824-44EC-ADC2-901C642AA04D.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 685B1B7E-41B4-4797-989E-A1A5F43513A8.jpeg
    685B1B7E-41B4-4797-989E-A1A5F43513A8.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 23

RichInMN

Reaction score
I've reached out to both Mopar (who designed and created a kit for the SEMA Low Down Ram) and Billstein, and they both told me they have nothing in the works, which is bizarre. Personally I really want a 2/4 or a 3/5 drop and seems like a year should have been long enough for companies to bring that to market.

Users who are viewing this thread