5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OVER ONE MILLION MILES

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Or so you might’ve assumed. There were probably a dozen revisions of the U4C component hardware in the first year of production alone.
Just pointing out your blanket statement isnt accurate. Not everyone with UC4 is like that, and Id wager there are more working than not.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm guessing the reason for over 1milllion miles on the app is the bus is going down and causing communication issues.

Star agents are not engineers, that have access to data/repair reports dealerships don't. They help with basic steps in diagnostic and repairs. Anything complicated gets passed on to lead agents.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's not true for those of us with older UConnect systems, unfortunately. We get a nice home screen stating "SUBSCRIPTION EXPIRED. Call Customer Care to reactivate services or log into your owner site."

And the Ram app just shows recall history and "digital glovebox". None of that nice, useful information. Not even (accurate) mileage! At least the old app allowed you to keep this updated.
I have Uconnect 4 ver 40.1 in my 2021 Laramie, built May 2021.

I also get the Subscription expired when I open the Uconnect app. Then I click on the "INFO" in the bottom and see my data.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230727-194035.jpg
    Screenshot_20230727-194035.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20230727-193507.jpg
    Screenshot_20230727-193507.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 16

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I also get the Subscription expired when I open the Uconnect app. Then I click on the "INFO" in the bottom and see my data.
Those icons don’t exist in the app for me. But I’m attempting to upgrade to 40.1 tonight. Just did a successful upgrade to 39.7…

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I dont use the Uconnect app. The RAM app opens like this

Screenshot_20230727-204719.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hit the fuel guage and it takes you to the "info" tab which looks like this Screenshot_20230727-204947.png

And then the health tab gives you this
Screenshot_20230727-205014.png Screenshot_20230727-205022.png

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And I get none of that (despite upgrading successfully to 40.1 tonight). I’ll give it a day or two and report back if this changes.
View attachment 163985
Mine wasn't immediate. I never received a single health report u til the month after I upgraded to 39.7. wasn't even expecting it. Two years of ownership without one. I stopped using the app after the first year when my free trial period ended. That is, until I started getting the monthly emails for vehicle health reports.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Or so you might’ve assumed. There were probably a dozen revisions of the U4C component hardware in the first year of production alone.
Yeah I’m an October of 2018 build and I don’t have any of those features on my Uconnect or ram app. I also don’t recall ever having a radio software update come through. I can get most of that info on my alarm app so I don’t need it anyway just was wondering.

Attachments

• IMG_8762.png
    IMG_8762.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 7

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I’m an October of 2018 build and I don’t have any of those features on my Uconnect or ram app. I also don’t recall ever having a radio software update come through. I can get most of that info on my alarm app so I don’t need it anyway just was wondering.
You won't have an OTA update. You will have to manually update it

Bgunny

Reaction score
I'm guessing the reason for over 1milllion miles on the app is the bus is going down and causing communication issues.

Star agents are not engineers, that have access to data/repair reports dealerships don't. They help with basic steps in diagnostic and repairs. Anything complicated gets passed on to lead agents.
Thanks for the feedback. I had the same exact issue 4 months ago with approx 4k mikes. Luckily I took photos of all the codes going off. When I drove my truck to the dealership the speedometer was stuck at zero tachometer at zero, fuel was at zero. And over one million miles on Ram App. After shutting my truck off at the dealership and power back on Dealer said it was just a glitch. And just needed a power off power on to reboot the computer???? Fast forward to last week and same exact issue but this time I did not shut off my truck and drove it straight to the dealership so the service manager could see same errors. I have searched multiple forums and have not come across anyone with over a million miles on Ram app or every error message you can think of. Going to start researching lemon laws.🤞

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I had the same exact issue 4 months ago with approx 4k mikes. Luckily I took photos of all the codes going off. When I drove my truck to the dealership the speedometer was stuck at zero tachometer at zero, fuel was at zero. And over one million miles on Ram App. After shutting my truck off at the dealership and power back on Dealer said it was just a glitch. And just needed a power off power on to reboot the computer???? Fast forward to last week and same exact issue but this time I did not shut off my truck and drove it straight to the dealership so the service manager could see same errors. I have searched multiple forums and have not come across anyone with over a million miles on Ram app or every error message you can think of. Going to start researching lemon laws.🤞
Did your truck say No Bus where the miles normally are like this when it happened?

Attachments

• IMG_8640.jpeg
    IMG_8640.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 17

Bgunny

Reaction score
Did your truck say No Bus where the miles normally are like this when it happened?

Yes that is exactly where it says No Bus. However speedometer and all gauges read zero. Directionals on dash don’t light up but I confirmed the directionals were working.

Attachments

• IMG_0420.jpeg
    IMG_0420.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 12

Majortom

Reaction score
That's weird. I've had my truck for 18 months, and still get updated health reports (including mileage), despite never having paid a dime for the subscription. I get an "Action Required!" message when I open the app to call an agent, but I just close the message and can see the stats.
My 2020 never gave health report information. Raised it when new and was told the version of uconnect didn’t have that, subscription or not.

6of36

Reaction score
My 2020 never gave health report information. Raised it when new and was told the version of uconnect didn’t have that, subscription or not.
My 2015, 2018, and 2020 did. I don't know why yours wouldn't. I was getting health reports for my 2015 until 2021 when I called to complain.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Yes that is exactly where it says No Bus. However speedometer and all gauges read zero. Directionals on dash don’t light up but I confirmed the directionals were working.
Yeah that’s aligned with my issue. My speedometer, tachometer, radio still worked and headlights did so I assumed my taillights did. But no fuel gauge and other stuff as you can see in the picture.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread