5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OVER ONE MILLION MILES

Bgunny

Reaction score
IMG_0438.jpeg Has anyone else here have this happen?? this is the 2nd time in 3 months. Every alert goes off….and on ram app it shows over one million miles. 2022 Laramie GT 11k miles. Truck currently at dealership ,Ticket into Stellantis with “Star Case” Awaiting response. One million miles?? All feedback welcomed. Btw what is a Star Case? Not much info provided by dealership yet. At least they provided a loaner. Same issue happened 3 months ago. Dealership told me back then the issue was a glitch and computer needed a reboot… Complete BS.

Attachments

• IMG_2451.png
    IMG_2451.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2454.jpeg
    IMG_2454.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2448.jpeg
    IMG_2448.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0039.jpeg
    IMG_0039.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0438.jpeg
    IMG_0438.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all. Long time watcher on the forums and thank you for all the great posts and advice. See attached pics Has anyone else here have this happen?? this is the 2nd time in 3 months. Every alert goes off….and on ram app it shows over one million miles. 2022 Laramie GT 11k miles. Truck currently at dealership ,Ticket into Stellantis with “Star Case” Awaiting response. One million miles?? All feedback welcomed. Btw what is a Star Case? Not much info provided by dealership yet. At least they provided a loaner. Same issue happened 3 months ago. Dealership told me back then the issue was a glitch and computer needed a reboot… Complete BS.
Star case just means it's been escalated to factory engineer support.

Bgunny

Reaction score
Thanks for that info… I was told by the dealership that the dealership techs could not duplicate the problem and ticket was escalated.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for that info… I was told by the dealership that the dealership techs could not duplicate the problem and ticket was escalated.
Im having the no bus issue currently and my truck is at the dealership trying to figure it out now still. Mine happens pretty consistently now but came out of nowhere a few weeks back.

Bgunny

Reaction score
Ellisstrong, do you have access to the ram app? And if so does the app show over one million miles? My app shows the same million mileage that appeared 3 months ago when I had the initial problem.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Ellisstrong, do you have access to the ram app? And if so does the app show over one million miles? My app shows the same million mileage that appeared 3 months ago when I had the initial problem.
I don’t have mileage info on the ram app. If it’s part of a paid subscription my trial ran out and I have no use for that app usually.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t have mileage info on the ram app. If it’s part of a paid subscription my trial ran out and I have no use for that app usually.
It's on the Uconnect app, and it's not part of the paid subscription. The subscription is for the remote start.

The Uconnect app shows Health report, Fuel level, Odometer, Tire pressure, and Oil life remaining.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's weird. I've had my truck for 18 months, and still get updated health reports (including mileage), despite never having paid a dime for the subscription. I get an "Action Required!" message when I open the app to call an agent, but I just close the message and can see the stats.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah the uconnect app doesn’t show me any of that either. I just checked
Not sure if this matters, but I use the "Ram" app (not a Uconnect app).

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's on the Uconnect app, and it's not part of the paid subscription. The subscription is for the remote start.

The Uconnect app shows Health report, Fuel level, Odometer, Tire pressure, and Oil life remaining.
That's not true for those of us with older UConnect systems, unfortunately. We get a nice home screen stating "SUBSCRIPTION EXPIRED. Call Customer Care to reactivate services or log into your owner site."

And the Ram app just shows recall history and "digital glovebox". None of that nice, useful information. Not even (accurate) mileage! At least the old app allowed you to keep this updated.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's not true for those of us with older UConnect systems, unfortunately. We get a nice home screen stating "SUBSCRIPTION EXPIRED. Call Customer Care to reactivate services or log into your owner site."

And the Ram app just shows recall history and "digital glovebox". None of that nice, useful information. Not even (accurate) mileage! At least the old app allowed you to keep this updated.
Speak for yourself. Mine works. Shows fuel level, odometer, vehicle health reports. 2020 BTS with 12" display. Didn't start getting them until I had updated software to 39.7, and has continued through current 40.1 update.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Speak for yourself. Mine works. Shows fuel level, odometer, vehicle health reports. 2020 BTS with 12" display. Didn't start getting them until I had updated software to 39.7, and has continued through current 40.1 update.
I am speaking for myself (early 2019, built summer of 2018)!

Dewey

Reaction score
Mine still works after one year. Figured I would need a subscription by now.

9078C210-A6C5-4603-BC64-32D90B63BD85.jpeg

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is one of those "older" Uconnect systems that was grouped in with your previous post
Or so you might’ve assumed. There were probably a dozen revisions of the U4C component hardware in the first year of production alone.

Users who are viewing this thread