5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out shopping used advice wanted please!

Tesmith

Reaction score
I have read many pages on this site and studied elsewhere. We want a crew cab 1500. There are many 2019 off lease 25/40,000 miles in our area considering many Longhorn varieties. It will be our daily driver.

I have learned of many common issues to look for. I am wondering 2022 would you still purchase used 2019? I have a few 2020 models I have found that would push our budget limits as well as 2 , 2021 models, but the 21 models are 40+ 000 on them.

You are all more experienced with these trucks, what would you do?

I appreciate if you share your thoughts

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I have read many pages on this site and studied elsewhere. We want a crew cab 1500. There are many 2019 off lease 25/40,000 miles in our area considering many Longhorn varieties. It will be our daily driver.

I have learned of many common issues to look for. I am wondering 2022 would you still purchase used 2019? I have a few 2020 models I have found that would push our budget limits as well as 2 , 2021 models, but the 21 models are 40+ 000 on them.

read this thread to start

Nels

Reaction score
I bought a 2019 used in Oct 2020 with 24k miles. Two years later it has 55k miles. Both exhaust manifolds have been replaced and that's it. That's not particular to just 2019's.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
With the 23's coming out there are 19's that are 4 years old. I would suggest looking at build dates, and checking service histories if possible. Obviously you can get a relative "deal" on a used truck, you just don't want to step into ownership of a 1st-year vehicle with unsolved 1st-year issues. I'm not spending your money, but if it was my money I would avoid a used 2019. My .02, and I look forward to seeing pics of whatever you end up with 😉

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I’m not planning to get rid of my heavily-optioned 2019 (built in mid-‘18), if that tells you anything.

As others have said, you should look into recalls and check for common issues. But these trucks are pretty solid, especially when you consider that the powertrain has been around a long time.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m not planning to get rid of my heavily-optioned 2019 (built in mid-‘18), if that tells you anything.

As others have said, you should look into recalls and check for common issues. But these trucks are pretty solid, especially when you consider that the powertrain has been around a long time.
I'll second Speedy V but a Bighorn level 2. Fear the thought of having to replace my Ram (lifetime warranty), Oct 2018 build 32,000+ miles. Very happy so far. Who needs yoga or meditation, I have a Ram 1500.

Users who are viewing this thread