5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ouch, truck just gone dead.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealer has not RDR'd the vehicle - aka reported it to FCA as a sold unit yet - which is common if it was just sold and it's a bad dealer. Technically there are 2 major cut-offs every month for reporting sales; mid-month and month end. If you purchased at the beginning, just just past the middle, they may have been waiting until before either cut-offs to report the sale. This is the cause of your issue.

That's odd. If I drive 10 miles from a dealer and break down, you're saying FCA roadside assistance isn't available because the dealers only report sales once a month?

What, is FCA still doing business on carbon paper and sending keys via pigeons? It's 2018, I call BS.

I give you a cheque for $60k+ and FCA better know I own that truck before end of business that day.

Sorry, it just sounds ridiculous.

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Waiting for a call from dealer, they had to order parts I dont know the details yet what should I expect from FCA on this deal.

PS My apologies for the crappy way I layed this out spelling etc.

Last edited:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Waiting for a call from dealer, they had to order parts I dont know the details yet what should I expect from FCA on this deal.

PS My apologies for the crappy way I layed this out spelling etc.

You were pissed off, tired and stranded... plus dealing with a manufacturer known for poor communication. Spelling? Heck, I can't believe you took the time to post it, I would've still been screaming at some poor shmuck at Ram Cares!

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Had a few beers too, boy I’m whooped today glad I was not in the middle of BFE duck hunting, how bad would that be? Could not even get the truck into neutral to shove the truck around.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Our family has a Mercedes where you have the option of pulling out the start/stop button and physically insert the key to start the vehicle. Not sure if these trucks have that option or not.

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Here it is.
#2 srarter relay is bad, no truck for at least 3 days youuuuuuuuch,

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here it is.
#2 srarter relay is bad, no truck for at least 3 days youuuuuuuuch,
Thanks for reporting back. Dead new truck is very very bad, but FCA’s roadside service that refuses to respond when you are in trouble is just plain bs... like salt in the wound. I had a similar experience when my JGC Ecodiesel left us on the side of the road, had me really upset. Glad you were finally able to get them to respond, and we are all hoping for a quick repair getting you back on the road.

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes. I am a little miffed srtarters should be rock solid.....Also no codes. Glad its not a ghost and it will be fixed.

Last edited:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Simple fix, made into big deal by poor service from FCA.

Like you said, it could've been worse.

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
I just wanted to blast music, love the alpine it really rocks, It was broke down at my home so I Feel lucky. Not real Lucky....

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Done. Information is good, there is a good group here. Keep it real.

Glad your truck at least has a diagnosis! I may have missed it but did your dealer share why FCA doesn't recognize you as the owner, or sold in general?

RT70808

Reaction score
Glad your truck at least has a diagnosis! I may have missed it but did your dealer share why FCA doesn't recognize you as the owner, or sold in general?

Sorry for your troubles.

Sounds like a dealer issue with the vin processing for sure.

I had 3 emails before I left the finance office at my dealer welcoming me to my new truck before I even drove off in it:
1- Confirmation of SiriusXM Guardian Activation (from SiriusXM)
2- You're almost done! Complete your account profile today (from [email protected])
3- Congratulations on your new 2019 RAM 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB4X4 (from [email protected])

That night I activated the SiriusXM and updated my Mopar profile.

The next day:
1- from my salesman thanking me for my purchase
2- from the dealer asking for a survey
3- one from ram research for a survey

The following week:
1- Welcome to Ram (from [email protected]) email 1/2 with embedded videos on how to use features.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI I completed the paper work and took my truck home on 7/3/2018. As of today my VIN is still not under my name per RAM online chat. So having your VIN not assigned to you has nothing to do with this guys truck not working. My truck works fine and my VIN is still assigned to my dealer and or FCA

96Dodge4x4

CDJR Technician
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Our family has a Mercedes where you have the option of pulling out the start/stop button and physically insert the key to start the vehicle. Not sure if these trucks have that option or not.

The older Chrysler vehicles could do this but not any newer ones. If you pry them off then you also have a broken start button.

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
RT you got the red carpet treatment. I need sign up at ram will do it today.
Never thought of this but the dealer could have done there paper work and FCA dropped the ball, I did get a email with videos and watched a few on u conect but don’t remember who it was from

Users who are viewing this thread