5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OTD 2022 Rebel Price…post yours

WK21

Reaction score
Include what options you got..

I think I pretty much got the deal of a lifetime. Originally, brought in 2017 Tacoma Sport with 60k miles, they gave me $33,500 for the trade. MSRP of the rebel was $64k. I got $3500 off the truck when was all said and done.

but what really makes this the deal is that truck ended up in the shop no less than two weeks later and stayed there for 24 days. After some phone calls and before going the lemon law route, the dealership decided it was in their best interest to work with me. I paid 2k more and got a fully loaded Rebel, MSRP $71k.

so for $56k and a Tacoma with 60k miles, I got a $71k truck at the end of it all.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$78000 Canadian msrp for my truck, after Chrysler employee discounts and early adopter diesel rebates they had in place I paid just for $52000 Canadian plus taxes and the extra warranty I got to stretch the base warranty to 5 years/160k km.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Haven't picked mine up yet, as it hasn't been built, but they're giving me mine at 2% above dealer invoice, which from my understanding should be about $67k out the door......assuming they honor the agreement I have in writing. Mine fully loaded, including the GT package, but the advance safety group wasn't availability at the time I ordered.

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
I remember buying my 21 rebel last year for 53k. It is fully loaded ecodiesel to include pano roof and night edition. Has everything minus the heads up display. I sold a 2017 Tacoma private party for 40k.

The next month (Jan 21) the vehicle market went south and the dealer wanted to buy back the rebel for way more then I paid for it lmao….

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Include what options you got..

I think I pretty much got the deal of a lifetime. Originally, brought in 2017 Tacoma Sport with 60k miles, they gave me $33,500 for the trade. MSRP of the rebel was $64k. I got $3500 off the truck when was all said and done.

but what really makes this the deal is that truck ended up in the shop no less than two weeks later and stayed there for 24 days. After some phone calls and before going the lemon law route, the dealership decided it was in their best interest to work with me. I paid 2k more and got a fully loaded Rebel, MSRP $71k.

so for $56k and a Tacoma with 60k miles, I got a $71k truck at the end of it all.
I’m confused when you say for $56k and a Tacoma you got a $71k truck… Did you mean $56k total including the Tacoma? So like $33,500 for the Tacoma and $22,500 in extra money? Because if you meant $56k AND a $33,500 Tacoma then that’s about $90k which seems like a terrible deal lol

Gadgetech

Reaction score
This is probably the worst "deal" I've ever gotten on a vehicle but it was worth it to get out of my Gladiator. I'm not going into details but the trade number was good, there was the $750 cash and interest rate incentive that I took as well. In trying to get out of my Gladiator, I'd looked at the Silverado, the Ram and a couple other vehicles. None of them would entertain any price less than MSRP despite me walking out and telling them to let me know when they were willing to go below MSRP. The problem is, people are paying MSRP +. I buy a new car every 1 - 2 years so it's not like I don't know negotiation tactics, dealers I've spoken to just refuse to deal on their car. The only movement I've had was in the trade and they've all been w/i $500 of each other, including the 3rd party places. It's insane really. But...I really love this truck and even though the deal isn't what I'd consider good, I'm happy with it.

WK21

Reaction score
I’m confused when you say for $56k and a Tacoma you got a $71k truck… Did you mean $56k total including the Tacoma? So like $33,500 for the Tacoma and $22,500 in extra money? Because if you meant $56k AND a $33,500 Tacoma then that’s about $90k which seems like a terrible deal lol

lol yeah i can see how it would be interpreted that way now. I owed about 22k on my tacoma.

Last year I was looking to trade it in and I would’ve been upside down on the loan, my trade in value this year was a little over 10k what I owed. So bug turn around for me.

however you slice it, I’m 15k under the MSRP of my current truck. So, best position I’ve been in on a new or slightly used vehicle so far in life.

WK21

Reaction score
This is probably the worst "deal" I've ever gotten on a vehicle but it was worth it to get out of my Gladiator. I'm not going into details but the trade number was good, there was the $750 cash and interest rate incentive that I took as well. In trying to get out of my Gladiator, I'd looked at the Silverado, the Ram and a couple other vehicles. None of them would entertain any price less than MSRP despite me walking out and telling them to let me know when they were willing to go below MSRP. The problem is, people are paying MSRP +. I buy a new car every 1 - 2 years so it's not like I don't know negotiation tactics, dealers I've spoken to just refuse to deal on their car. The only movement I've had was in the trade and they've all been w/i $500 of each other, including the 3rd party places. It's insane really. But...I really love this truck and even though the deal isn't what I'd consider good, I'm happy with it.

Agree, I feel like I got a great deal for the current market, I’m sure there’s been way better deals in past years.

WK21

Reaction score
I remember buying my 21 rebel last year for 53k. It is fully loaded ecodiesel to include pano roof and night edition. Has everything minus the heads up display. I sold a 2017 Tacoma private party for 40k.

The next month (Jan 21) the vehicle market went south and the dealer wanted to buy back the rebel for way more then I paid for it lmao….

sounds very similar situation to me. Curious how many miles you had on the Tacoma?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
lol yeah i can see how it would be interpreted that way now. I owed about 22k on my tacoma.

Last year I was looking to trade it in and I would’ve been upside down on the loan, my trade in value this year was a little over 10k what I owed. So bug turn around for me.

however you slice it, I’m 15k under the MSRP of my current truck. So, best position I’ve been in on a new or slightly used vehicle so far in life.
Ohhh ok I didn’t know you owed 22k on the Tacoma.

Dan Houle

Reaction score
Just got a 2022 Rebel Night Edition for $61,800 OTD, MSRP was $61,445. The dealer also threw in a spray in bedliner & steps (roughly $1,300 in goodies). So in my mind I got it for $60,300. At least in my mind it makes me feel better. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread