5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORP with a lift kit

HotStuff

Reaction score
Just a couple of questions...

Picking up a new level 2 Big Horn with the ORP, and was wanting to do at least a level. I don't really want a total lift kit, but I'm concerned with the angles of everything since it already has the factory 1" lift. Will 2" spacers and upper control arms do it? Then I might do a mild 1" in the rear. Depends if it's higher in the front than the rear when I'm towing. Any suggestions?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same truck, Level 2 Big Horn with ORP. Readylift 2” Level, 34” tires. Boat is about 3500 lbs. Slight rake, maybe 1” when not towing.

522C101E-3BF5-491C-B182-F09C555FC381.jpeg

HotStuff

Reaction score
Readylift 2” Level with Upper Control Arms.
Guess I should've read your signature...lol

Any idea how big of a tire will fit with that 2"? I'm picking up some of the 20" polished Laramie wheels to use. I'm just thinking about some 33x12.50's. I know they'll clear, but debating about going taller.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guess I should've read your signature...lol

Any idea how big of a tire will fit with that 2"? I'm picking up some of the 20" polished Laramie wheels to use. I'm just thinking about some 33x12.50's. I know they'll clear, but debating about going taller.

My tires are 34”. I do believe I could get a 35” in there without rubbing but I didn’t want a “stuffed” look. I did not change tire width from factory however (10.8”) as I wanted the steering to feel the same. This is the same setup I had on my 14 and was very happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread