5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORG Spec’s

Miked513

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has already been discussed somewhere else. I feel like I have had a hard time determining what springs exactly come with the ORG package. I don’t see anywhere on the window sticker that the front or rear springs are upgraded over the normal standard set. Can anyone confirm that the springs are in fact different when you have the ORG?

What stems this is I’m looking at leveling kits, some spacer only, some spacer and UCA’s... trying to make the best choice and retain as much of the factory ride quality as I can. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

My window sticker & my truck...

0389bcd732dbee9d5b2d7d7a9767b312.jpg

f2384f882ce558322c88cddc4ae4af67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookerPilot18

Reaction score
Interested in this as well. If anyone could post the part number for the springs that would be greatly appreciated!

RamSco

Reaction score
The ORP lift is achieved by longer struts in front and longer springs in back. It's billed as 1" on both. There is a lot of discussion on here about level and lift kits. From my perspective, the most important consideration when lifting an ORP is your CV joint angles and your UCA ball joint angles. ORP at 1" is well within the tolerance of your CV joint angles, for example, but add a 3.5" spacer lift and you're probably pushing it on both.

Miked513

Reaction score
The ORP lift is achieved by longer struts in front and longer springs in back. It's billed as 1" on both. There is a lot of discussion on here about level and lift kits. From my perspective, the most important consideration when lifting an ORP is your CV joint angles and your UCA ball joint angles. ORP at 1" is well within the tolerance of your CV joint angles, for example, but add a 3.5" spacer lift and you're probably pushing it on both.

I agree with everything said and thanks. I think UCA’s are a must. I measured my front vs. rear fender wells today and I have a full 3” difference. I think I may go UCA’s and a 2.5” spacer, call it good. It will leave a 1/2” rake but that’s not too bad. I guess I can always add spacers to the front diff if CV angles look too steep. Right? Did them on my tundra, I assume they are available for ram too.

RamSco

Reaction score
I agree with everything said and thanks. I think UCA’s are a must. I measured my front vs. rear fender wells today and I have a full 3” difference. I think I may go UCA’s and a 2.5” spacer, call it good. It will leave a 1/2” rake but that’s not too bad. I guess I can always add spacers to the front diff if CV angles look too steep. Right? Did them on my tundra, I assume they are available for ram too.

I think you’re spot on. The Readylift we installed on my son’s Tacoma came with diff drop spacers but I haven’t seen anyone offering the 2.5-3.5 range with a diff drop for the Ram. At 2.5 on top of ORP, I think you’ll be ok. IMO, you’re smart to upgrade the UCA’s. Anything greater than that and I’d bite the bullet and go BDS 4” which does the diff drop and changes the steering knuckles to keep both angles good (plus some other goodies like new springs/shocks in back, front drive live spacer, etc)... more expensive decision though. Nice truck BTW.

Miked513

Reaction score
I think you’re spot on. The Readylift we installed on my son’s Tacoma came with diff drop spacers but I haven’t seen anyone offering the 2.5-3.5 range with a diff drop for the Ram. At 2.5 on top of ORP, I think you’ll be ok. IMO, you’re smart to upgrade the UCA’s. Anything greater than that and I’d bite the bullet and go BDS 4” which does the diff drop and changes the steering knuckles to keep both angles good (plus some other goodies like new springs/shocks in back, front drive live spacer, etc)... more expensive decision though. Nice truck BTW.

Thanks! I swore I was going to just keep it stock this time but I’ve figured out that it’s impossible, too much untapped potential . Appreciate the BDS suggestion, I’m going to check that out. I like the idea of a simplified leveling kit to help the stance but they look great even higher. Mostly long distance highway driving for me so level and 33’s is my plan for now.

Users who are viewing this thread