5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering soon and have some questions so I'm prepared.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
First and foremost, I appreciate any feedback - this website (constantly searching and reading) has been an invaluable resource for me.

I’m planning to order a Laramie 4x4 short bed in as soon as a couple weeks (depending on some responses here) as my current lease will be up in April and trying to time the build appropriately. Below is the planned option list, and from that I was looking for opinions on:

1. what is the current build time for these trucks (order-to-delivery) – dealership is telling me 6-8 weeks, but I read mixed results on here that indicate it’s longer. Will the long plant shutdown cause a start-up delay when they start building them again?

2. do any of the options below extend my build time? (seen indicators that Rambox and/or Bed Utility might?)

3. Is there anything I need to concern myself with around any of my options? I’ve read that trucks aren’t coming with the hardware in order to make use of the bed extender feature, is that still an issue? Other concerns I need to address with the dealership?

4. Should I wait for Feb rebates (cleveland auto show will be end of Feb here) - My dealership has indicated they can lock the rebates so that I get the "best", but I believe that is either what they are at time or order, or what they are at time of delivery, not necessarily what they are in between those two times. Currently get $2000+$1000+$500 conquest lease.

Planned Build:
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 5’7” Box
5.7-Liter V8 Hemi MDS VVT Engine (EZH)
Flame Red

Equipment:
Level 1 Equipment Group (A66)
Sport Appearance Package (AEF)
RamBox Cargo Management System (XB9)
Rear Wheelhouse-Liners (MWH)
Panoramic Sunroof (GWJ)
Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display (UAV)
Anti-Spin Differential (DSA)
3.92 Rear Axle (DMH)
Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover (CS7)
Bed Utility Group (ANT)
Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats (CLF)
33-Gallon Fuel Tank (NFF)
Trailer Brake Control (XHC)

Last edited:

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Level 2 group is worth the extra coin in my opinion.
I evaluated, but for me the main cost of the level 2 was wrapped into the HK sound system, which I did not find to be (for me) as good as the standard Alpine 9+1 system. Plus heated second row isn't much concern, and I also really don't want the under-seat storage (more room for my German Shepherd).

HenryR

Reaction score
I custom ordered mine the time from order to delivery was about 8 weeks. Order sheet was dated 11/2/18 I got the car in my hands 12/26 or 27

The thing that slowed the build down was waiting for the rambox. Once the parts were in, assembly was honestly like 2 days.

Then the shipping to the dealer/region takes time. They ship via train, they wait until they can fill up a train car going to your region, they won't ship a single truck to your area.

I'm in NY so, shipping time wasn't a huge factor.

Smoot178

Reaction score
I evaluated, but for me the main cost of the level 2 was wrapped into the HK sound system, which I did not find to be (for me) as good as the standard Alpine 9+1 system. Plus heated second row isn't much concern, and I also really don't want the under-seat storage (more room for my German Shepherd).

The under seat storage is not a problem:

1547216625723.png

JLUR_

Reaction score
I ordered one similar to yours and was told that it would take about 8-10 weeks to get in including the shutdown.
From order to D1 is 1-7 days. From D1 to I status is usually about 9 days. From I to KZ is another 7. KZ to delivery is the unknown but most deliveries are about 4 weeks here in the midwest.
The numbers above are all averages take from the ordering thread so it could vary.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I would suggest the HK system you listened to did not have the amp firmware update. Search on that and you will see nothing but "holy #$%^! - it rocks now!" responses. The HK with the update is significantly better than the Alpine IMHO and I think it's easily worth the money.

See if you can listen to an updated HK system so you can make an informed decision.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my Laramie in July. It took 13 weeks to build (delivered end of October). I did not order the Ramboxes but I did order the Bed Utility Group and the Tonneau Cover. The truck was built in August but I was told the delay was because the truck left the assembly plant and was shipped elsewhere for the spray in bedliner and the tonneau cover. But, I can tell you, it was worth the wait. Everything seems perfect on this Ram. Love it!

DSCN2831.JPG

rsonedecker

Reaction score
I would suggest the HK system you listened to did not have the amp firmware update. Search on that and you will see nothing but "holy #$%^! - it rocks now!" responses. The HK with the update is significantly better than the Alpine IMHO and I think it's easily worth the money.

See if you can listen to an updated HK system so you can make an informed decision.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll certainly check into that.

S

Smashy71

My level 2 didn’t come with HK plus the bins fold down off the way if you don’t use them. Although they come in handy when getting booze from the liquor store:LOL: 1BFCF483-86C0-4FF8-B5AB-BBEBD3379DBA.png

rsonedecker

Reaction score
My level 2 didn’t come with HK plus the bins fold down off the way if you don’t use them. Although they come in handy when getting booze from the liquor store:LOL:
Yeah, the Level 2 pkg on the Rebel is different than on the Laramie - the price disparity between level 1 and 2 on the Rebel is only $1000. On the Laramie, it's almost $3000 diff, or a net of about $2100 for me based on it including some equip that I'm getting outside of it. What I get for the $2100 is pretty much the HK audio, heated rear seats, and rear under-seat storage. The HK audio would have to blow me away for me to find worth in it (though everyone's different).

S

Smashy71

Yeah, the Level 2 pkg on the Rebel is different than on the Laramie - the price disparity between level 1 and 2 on the Rebel is only $1000. On the Laramie, it's almost $3000 diff, or a net of about $2100 for me based on it including some equip that I'm getting outside of it. What I get for the $2100 is pretty much the HK audio, heated rear seats, and rear under-seat storage. The HK audio would have to blow me away for me to find worth in it (though everyone's different).
Ohhh! I thought I read you ordered a rebel. Too early and I misread. (y)

Quicker10u

Reaction score
Go for it man...But when you get it, I'd do a quick delivery inspection to check for the common issues and get a jump on them if need be. Luckily the only issues I've had are a couple of 8.4 Nav glitches. My Pano Sunroof drains were seated and I have not had any other issues (knocks on wood). Thank you for not worrying about the tow mirrors and 360 view stuff. God knows we don't need another discussion about that. :LOL:

I got mine off the lot, but I wouldn't have spec'd it any differently if I would have ordered it. (y)

STL Cards

Reaction score
First and foremost, I appreciate any feedback - this website (constantly searching and reading) has been an invaluable resource for me.

I’m planning to order a Laramie 4x4 short bed in as soon as a couple weeks (depending on some responses here) as my current lease will be up in April and trying to time the build appropriately. Below is the planned option list, and from that I was looking for opinions on:

1. what is the current build time for these trucks (order-to-delivery) – dealership is telling me 6-8 weeks, but I read mixed results on here that indicate it’s longer. Will the long plant shutdown cause a start-up delay when they start building them again?

2. do any of the options below extend my build time? (seen indicators that Rambox and/or Bed Utility might?)

3. Is there anything I need to concern myself with around any of my options? I’ve read that trucks aren’t coming with the hardware in order to make use of the bed extender feature, is that still an issue? Other concerns I need to address with the dealership?

4. Should I wait for Feb rebates (cleveland auto show will be end of Feb here) - My dealership has indicated they can lock the rebates so that I get the "best", but I believe that is either what they are at time or order, or what they are at time of delivery, not necessarily what they are in between those two times. Currently get $2000+$1000+$500 conquest lease.

Planned Build:
Flame Red

Equipment:
Level 1 Equipment Gr4oup (A66)
Sport Appearanece Package (AEF)
Panoramic Sunroof (GWJ)
3.92 Rear Axle (DMH)
Bed Utility Group (ANT)

Tried to order the $445 BUG and the dealer received a BE order error. Evidently the only way to get the BUG is to order the $995 Ram Boxes. I don't want the RB's so I'll order the BUG via Mopar accessories. Note the rails and divider are separate. Will cost about $550 this way but that's still better than $1,440.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Tried to order the $445 BUG and the dealer received a BE order error. Evidently the only way to get the BUG is to order the $995 Ram Boxes. I don't want the RB's so I'll order the BUG via Mopar accessories. Note the rails and divider are separate. Will cost about $550 this way but that's still better than $1,440.
I ordered the BUG without RamBoxes, just don’t get the divider.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Planned Build:
Flame Red

Equipment:
Level 1 Equipment Group (A66)
Sport Appearance Package (AEF)
Panoramic Sunroof (GWJ)
3.92 Rear Axle (DMH)
Bed Utility Group (ANT)

Looks like a pretty good build to me. Keep in mind that Ram Box and Sunroof will knock down your payload capacity some. The important thing is that you get the options you want; you are paying a lot of money for this truck.

Spe1996

Reaction score
I am from Cleveland. Order to delivery was 30 days back in mid October to mid November. I ordered Rambox with BUG, Level 2 with the 12" uconnect. I was told 6-8 weeks and had it in my driveway 30 days later.

Users who are viewing this thread