5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering questions

fsjosh

Reaction score
I'm preparing to order a truck in the next few months. Still can't make up my mind on a Laramie or Rebel, but I'll figure that out eventually. I still haven't ruled out a 2500. I do have some questions though.

What are build times looking like right now? The dealer I've talked to said 6-8 weeks, but I didn't know if that was just the party line or thats what people are seeing. With everything going on, is there any concern of them shutting the factory down or causing timelines to change?

Are pricing and incentives decided at order time or at delivery? I'm kinda aiming for a mid-late June delivery as I suspect the incentives will be better then both because of end of Quarter sales, and the impending apocalypse we are apparently having. I just didn't want to order now and be stuck on a price. There doesn't seem to be many incentives on the 2500's, or am I just missing them?

I'm a little concerned with negotiating a price. Normally, I wouldn't care to play hardball and walk away, but I am going to have to use a dealer that my company has an existing business relationship with. During a test drive, when asked about incentives, the salesman suggested that I don't need to worry about incentives since they are going to give me invoice pricing anyway. lol Granted, that's not the salesman I'll end up dealing with, but it did concern me that they might try to leverage our relationship to not give me as good of a deal as I could get otherwise. Ordering with expecting the incentives to be better at delivery, I think it gets even harder. If I negotiate a better deal before ordering, will I be stuck at that price even if Ram throws out better incentives to move trucks? I really won't be able to walk away after it's ordered, so I'm trying to figure out my best strategy.

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
I'm preparing to order a truck in the next few months. Still can't make up my mind on a Laramie or Rebel, but I'll figure that out eventually. I still haven't ruled out a 2500. I do have some questions though.

What are build times looking like right now? The dealer I've talked to said 6-8 weeks, but I didn't know if that was just the party line or thats what people are seeing. With everything going on, is there any concern of them shutting the factory down or causing timelines to change?

Are pricing and incentives decided at order time or at delivery? I'm kinda aiming for a mid-late June delivery as I suspect the incentives will be better then both because of end of Quarter sales, and the impending apocalypse we are apparently having. I just didn't want to order now and be stuck on a price. There doesn't seem to be many incentives on the 2500's, or am I just missing them?

I'm a little concerned with negotiating a price. Normally, I wouldn't care to play hardball and walk away, but I am going to have to use a dealer that my company has an existing business relationship with. During a test drive, when asked about incentives, the salesman suggested that I don't need to worry about incentives since they are going to give me invoice pricing anyway. lol Granted, that's not the salesman I'll end up dealing with, but it did concern me that they might try to leverage our relationship to not give me as good of a deal as I could get otherwise. Ordering with expecting the incentives to be better at delivery, I think it gets even harder. If I negotiate a better deal before ordering, will I be stuck at that price even if Ram throws out better incentives to move trucks? I really won't be able to walk away after it's ordered, so I'm trying to figure out my best strategy.
Just to give you an idea, I ordered on January 31st, the truck just left their shipping yard yesterday...
I live in Canada, so fingers crossed there were no issues at the border.
I was able to negotiate $21000 off MSRP
I do have extra incentives because of my employment.
Also, my salesman indicated that if any of the incentives are better at the time of delivery, then we will proceed with those... if they’re worse, then he will honour the deal we made on the date of order.

I was back and forth with 2 models and 2 different colours
I am now completely certain I made the right decision
Go with your gut instinct
Happy shopping !!

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Will you be towing anything with this new truck? I bought a Rebel in September and wish I’d gone with a 2500 as the wife and I want to travel around Untied States when I retire from the Air Force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just seen today that you can get the heated rear seats in the Rebels now along with the advanced safety group also but still no ventilated seats . If you like the idea of auto 4WD you won’t want the Rebel as it only comes with the part time 4WD , but you probably already knew that .

Calsun

Reaction score
The Rebel gives you 1" taller tires as compared to a Laramie and adds about $4,000 to the MSRP. Crew cab adds $3,400 to the MSRP. Best deal overall is the Off-Road Group ($800 gets you the electronic locking rear axle, skid plates all around, tow hooks, and AT tires.

Always better to deal off the dealer invoice price which is still not what the dealer will pay for the vehicle but closer than the MSRP. I would never pay more than dealer invoice for a vehicle. I would anticipate factory discounts if the days inventory starts to grow and these usually apply equally to vehicles that are special ordered.

No one knows with the coronavirus how much the supply chain will be impacted in terms of parts for vehicles or how many workers may become infected and not able to work for weeks. The sooner you place your order the less likely you are to be impacted by the coming epidemic. With the uncertainty I have decided to wait for the 2021 models to come out in September.

fsjosh

Reaction score
Will you be towing anything with this new truck? I bought a Rebel in September and wish I’d gone with a 2500 as the wife and I want to travel around Untied States when I retire from the Air Force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rarely will be towing anything. That being said, if the Power Wagon had the bucket seats, it would be a done deal.

I just seen today that you can get the heated rear seats in the Rebels now along with the advanced safety group also but still no ventilated seats . If you like the idea of auto 4WD you won’t want the Rebel as it only comes with the part time 4WD , but you probably already knew that .

I prefer part time 4wd actually, so thats fine with me. I definitely would get the comfort/convenience group. Is the ASG actually available on the Rebel? Lack of the Surround View Camera is one of the things that keeps me on the fence.

The Rebel gives you 1" taller tires as compared to a Laramie and adds about $4,000 to the MSRP. Crew cab adds $3,400 to the MSRP. Best deal overall is the Off-Road Group ($800 gets you the electronic locking rear axle, skid plates all around, tow hooks, and AT tires.

Always better to deal off the dealer invoice price which is still not what the dealer will pay for the vehicle but closer than the MSRP. I would never pay more than dealer invoice for a vehicle. I would anticipate factory discounts if the days inventory starts to grow and these usually apply equally to vehicles that are special ordered.

No one knows with the coronavirus how much the supply chain will be impacted in terms of parts for vehicles or how many workers may become infected and not able to work for weeks. The sooner you place your order the less likely you are to be impacted by the coming epidemic. With the uncertainty I have decided to wait for the 2021 models to come out in September.

I'm loading them up so there's not much difference in MSRP.

This whole virus thing has gotten me to put this on hold for a bit. Not because I'm worried about getting sick, but because I'm concerned these shut downs are going to wreck the economy. If things do turn south, I'd rather have my downpayment and no truck payment. And even if it turns out to be not too bad, I think there will be deals to be had as people are not going to be buying new vehicles for a while.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can get the advanced safety group but I’m not sure if it includes the 360 surround view camera in the Rebel , I forgot to look I was in shock to see the rear heated seats , adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist. lol

Roddog2220

Reaction score
didnt know that, i love the 4 wheel auto

Roddog2220

Reaction score

does the off road group add any height to the truck like the rebel?

Users who are viewing this thread