5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering gave me time to test the other Brands!

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
While waiting for my 2023 Ram to be built, being newly retired I had time to go test drive every brand and model of different manufacturers.
Even with the updated Fords, Toyota and GM products top of the line models, none drove as smooth as my Bighorn, nor had the intuitive controls. I will know wait patiently for my 2023 Limited to be built.
It is terrible to be this impatient!

Switch22

Reaction score
Patient? Not a chance. I checked my order status EVERY friggin' day. Couldn't get here soon enough. Was pretty fortunate to have it delivered in three months. Much better than some of the horror stories I hear about with the other manufacturers now days.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
While waiting for my 2023 Ram to be built, being newly retired I had time to go test drive every brand and model of different manufacturers.
Even with the updated Fords, Toyota and GM products top of the line models, none drove as smooth as my Bighorn, nor had the intuitive controls. I will know wait patiently for my 2023 Limited to be built.
It is terrible to be this impatient!
totally agree.

i always wonder why sales figures do not back this up.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Just now looking at Mark Dodge website as they have many trucks arriving. Is it my imagination of not seeing on an actual window sticker that 4 corner air suspension is not standard on the Limited? I see no where it is listed!
Please someone else check as this has me crossed eyed with these new bifocals!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This was from last year, but still a good result for RAM at number one, this includes the all-new Tundra.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the terms we agree to upon registration to this forum stipulate that we’re not allowed to be patient while waiting for an order.
My true feelings came out on the last sentence. I can’t lie I am very impatient!

NHRoadking

Reaction score
I looked at them all last month and overall, liked the Ram the best.

Tundra is ugly and interior is lame.

Ford’s styling took a step back. The interior is better but too much ugly plastic.

New 2023 Chevy interior is much better. But seats were lousy, the 10 speed tranny was balky, the 5.3 seemed weak, and the suspension was floaty.

The Nisan Titan was not bad, but wasn’t great at anything. If it was $10,000 less than the others it might make sense.

Looked at midsize trucks too, but they are not so much cheaper for what you get. Best midsize was actually the little Ford Maverick. Had the most room inside.

Reverse

Reaction score
Good luck with 'patiently' waiting :)

I'm on my fourth Ram now, a 2020 Limited that I love to drive, best truck I have ever owned. We also have a 2014, and while it's not as smooth as the 2020 (mainly due to the lack of air suspension), it still drives fine.

However...

The styling of the next update of the 5th gen (or 6th gen) needs to be a little bolder. Ram used to have the boldest design, now it's the most boring IMO. Going bold doesn't always work, like with Chevy a few designs back, but I hope Ram takes a little more risk for the next redesign. It feels like they focused on the interior much more than the exterior for the 5th gen. I know they can do it, just look at the Ram 2500 styling. Too bad that uses the 4th gen cab, otherwise I might be tempted to get one.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just now looking at Mark Dodge website as they have many trucks arriving. Is it my imagination of not seeing on an actual window sticker that 4 corner air suspension is not standard on the Limited? I see no where it is listed!
Please someone else check as this has me crossed eyed with these new bifocals!
You don't see it, because it's a standard feature on a Limited, even for 2023s.

monza2t

Reaction score
This was from last year, but still a good result for RAM at number one, this includes the all-new Tundra.

Consumer Reports just recently updated their trucks list. The Ram 1500 is the only "recommended" model and ranks it first.

2. Tundra

3. F150

4. Titan

5. Sierra

6. Silverado

They consider reliability and owner satisfaction in their scoring

Quint

Reaction score
I've been a long-time subscriber to Consumer Reports. I value their opinions but won't treat it as gospel. I've noticed over the years that every issue has some kind of car ranking. You always have to be sure what they are measuring. One month it's reliability. The next it's owner satisfaction. The next it's something else. Annually they pull it all together into the combined rankings.

I'm happy to see the Ram at #1. When I bought my 2021 I believe they were neutral on its reliability.

ChrisID

Reaction score
totally agree.

i always wonder why sales figures do not back this up.
IMO opinion, most people are brand loyal and are reluctant to change.. IMO again, GM started innovating trucks and that's what got me into them in the early 90's, and ford followed, but dodge did not for a while. i stayed gm forever because even if i had misgivings about this or that the new models would always be better, and they were. they finally stated losing me with their 07 models and I still bought two more a 09 and '14. I then needed a truck in a different location and said screw it i'm trying a ram, and the ride, etc... blew me away. have two now.

Users who are viewing this thread